So Where Are The Articles Of Impeachment?

Biden's been sworn in. Trump is out. How can they have a trial when Trump is no longer President? Were they ever delivered to the Senate?

Are they going to try him in abstentia? And the Dim accuse President Trump of turning the US into a third world country.
read a constitution. I know that is difficult for Trumpys because he never knew where that or a Bible were, but your answer might be in there.
You keep telling yourself that. Why don't you quote the relevant parts? Or are you like WTF and not able?

I've read that Justice Roberts has signalled that he won't be presiding over a possible impeachment. That tells me what I need to know.
  • WTF
  • 01-20-2021, 10:52 AM
You keep telling yourself that. Why don't you quote the relevant parts? Or are you like WTF and not able?

. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Keep my handle out of your lying lips.

I've read that Justice Roberts has signalled that he won't be presiding over a possible impeachment. That tells me what I need to know. Originally Posted by gnadfly
If you already know, why the fuck are you asking?

Maybe Biden has signaled not to pass the articles to the Senate until we get the Trump extrapolated pandemic under control.
I tend not to do peoples homework for them but here ya go. As you can see, there is no requirement that the person still be in office when they are tried. Once an impeachment in the house has occurred and articles sent to the Senate, the Senate "shall" try the impeachment. Yes, since the current president is no longer in office, the Chief Justice does not have to preside. The two options for punishment are removal from office and separately preclusion from further office. The latter would be what is sought if 2/3 of the senate votes for conviction.

It is clear that McConnell still believes that they can have a trial of a president which is no longer in office. In fact, the trial of a president, aside from the Chief Justice doesnt differ from any other impeachment. The senate has on two prior occasions tried a person that was no longer in their position so, the whole argument of "cant try his once he is out of office" just isn't based in the law or Constitution

The Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments. When sitting for that Purpose, they shall be on Oath or Affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no Person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two thirds of the Members present. Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States: but the Party convicted shall nevertheless be liable and subject to Indictment, Trial, Judgment and Punishment, according to Law.