yet more mass gun shootings

What was it this month...7 mass shootings in 7 days ? Even the press can't keep up.

The acts are described as murder suicides...enabled with gun access.

The topic: is there any way to identify these types of individuals that commit these acts ?

If you are unable to post about the topic...don't post.
What was it this month...7 mass shootings in 7 days ? Even the press can't keep up.

The acts are described as murder suicides...enabled with gun access.

The topic: is there any way to identify these types of individuals that commit these acts ?

If you are unable to post about the topic...don't post. Originally Posted by VitaMan

No. there is your answer.

can you predict crimes of passion? NO
can you predict crimes of vengeance? NO
can you predict crimes of retribution? NO
can you predict crime? NO

your answer is NO

thread over.

thank you valued poster.
Damn, TWK. You actually gave yourself two likes for that condescending post? Happy you liked it so much. LOL

Anyway, you have two choices - you can live in fear, or you can live your life. You can't identify these crazy motherfuckers because they appear to be normal. You don't know what is going on in someone's head. Unless you actually see a gun, they are impossible to identify just by looking at them. From my limited knowledge, these people are not working on their mental health for self-improvement. These crazy fucks are looking to leave this earth and to take people with them.

The good news is that you are more likely to be struck by lightning than to be a victim of a mass shooting. The bad news is that nut job shooting could be your neighbor.
Damn, TWK. You actually gave yourself two likes for that condescending post? Happy you liked it so much. LOL

Anyway, you have two choices - you can live in fear, or you can live your life. You can't identify these crazy motherfuckers because they appear to be normal. You don't know what is going on in someone's head. Unless you actually see a gun, they are impossible to identify just by looking at them. From my limited knowledge, these people are not working on mental health for self-improvement. These crazy fucks are looking to leave this earth and to take people with them. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

so you agree crazy can't be predicted.

thank you valued poster.
Gotta keep the crazies off the streets.

The Colorado Q-Club shooter turns out to be one of "they-them" too. Changes how the mainstream news outlets report that story.

President Biden cited the Walmart shooting as a reason for a ban oin "Assault Rifles". Turns out that nut-job used a pistol on people he knew at work. No ban on rifles would have prevented that event.

And what about the mystery student stabbings? What sort of ban would stop that from happening? Maybe paying off student debt with money taxed from working citizens. That might stop it.
You can't identify these crazy motherfuckers because they appear to be normal. You don't know what is going on in someone's head. Unless you actually see a gun, they are impossible to identify just by looking at them. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
I would quantify that with, "society at large can't identify these crazies." If you go back and look at their histories, most of them had clear, large, blaring red flags, that local law enforcement and their families could see a mile away. Cops can't do anything unless they're called in, and all they can do is section them.

Now, before i get pointed, the answer is NO, it's back to the old argument, ban guns, then only law abiding citizens won't have guns. The same nut job could figure out how to kill a bunch of people without a gun, use a car for example. Or a knife, problem with that is most of these pussies can't do it up close and personal, cowards kill from a distance. As president Lincoln said, Stay strapped.
One of our judicial principles in the USA is that you are not considered to be a criminal until you are convicted of committing a crime. Makes it hard to do some things. Used to be that a mutter could be locked away to keep them from harming themselves or others. Outside of mob violence, we didn't have much in the way of mass shootings then.

So at is the fix for this? There is a mass killer on the loose in Idaho that doesn't use s gun . . .

Anyone can make a bomb. The Oklahoma City bomber had advanced training in firearms and had combat experience . . .but used a bomb.

So w3hat can we do to keep the crazies off the dtreets?
News media show no outrage over shootings every week in urban cities all over America.

US cities setting all time homicide records but it never makes the national news

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-week...lice/12497460/
One of our judicial principles in the USA is that you are not considered to be a criminal until you are convicted of committing a crime. Makes it hard to do some things. Used to be that a mutter could be locked away to keep them from harming themselves or others. Outside of mob violence, we didn't have much in the way of mass shootings then.

So at is the fix for this? There is a mass killer on the loose in Idaho that doesn't use s gun . . .

Anyone can make a bomb. The Oklahoma City bomber had advanced training in firearms and had combat experience . . .but used a bomb.

So w3hat can we do to keep the crazies off the dtreets? Originally Posted by ICU 812

well, there is an exception to this.

if police knew offhand that this person was planning to kill with guns or bombs, they can make arrests.

I know they do this with people who had planned to "rob a bank", but didn't get there for some other reason.

you need snitches to make that work.
No. there is your answer.

can you predict crimes of passion? NO
can you predict crimes of vengeance? NO
can you predict crimes of retribution? NO
can you predict crime? NO

your answer is NO

thread over.

thank you valued poster. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
so you agree crazy can't be predicted.

thank you valued poster. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

Waco has shown that it is a people problem, not a gun problem.

so, shall we ban guns?
so, shall we ban knives?
so, shall we ban bats?
so, shall we ban rocks and stones?
so, shall we ban automobiles and trucks?
so, shall we ban every day chemicals used to make bombs?

whats left?

so, shall we ban Humans?
Waco has shown that it is a people problem, not a gun problem.

so, shall we ban guns?
so, shall we ban knives?
so, shall we ban bats?
so, shall we ban automobiles and trucks?
so, shall we ban every day chemicals used to make bombs?

whats left?

so, shall we ban Humans? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

i'm TWK and i approve this post.

bahahahahahaaaaaa
Now we are getting to the point where people get tested. If they show a marker for a disease, they can get a preventative shot to lessen the chances of getting it.

So the next step...
Now we are getting to the point where people get tested. If they show a marker for a disease, they can get a preventative shot to lessen the chances of getting it.

So the next step... Originally Posted by VitaMan

is what? Rorschach tests to see who "might be" a future criminal?

brilliant!

not.

humanity is it's own worst enemy and no laws can prevent that.
We seem to have entered a time in some cities, mostly if not entirely Democrat run cities, where the DA asks "did he actually stab anybody with the knife he had or did he actually fire the gun and kill somebody"? If the answer is no, let them go and of course they will repeat the crime. Why not, if you aren't going to stop me, why should I stop? When a DA decides that stealing less than $1,000 will not get you incarcerated, what do you think will happen when you have just given criminals the green light to steal $999.00?

So instead of focusing on trying to keep knives and guns out of the hands of people who have ALREADY indicated their propensity for violence, how about we lock them away for life?

But we are now putting people, prosecutors and judges in positions of making these decisions and they have decided that "we have to find another way other than putting people in prison". It's "inhuman" the Progressives will tell you. And that is the problem.

The ONLY solution to what we are talking about is taking "these people" off our streets permanently. But apparently, for now at least, we seem to have come to the exact opposite conclusion.

It is a fact that we have known for a long time now, that less than 10% ( not meant to be exact , probably less ) of all violent crimes are committed by the same small group of people but we, for some reason, will not hold these people accountable.

Go to any town, precinct in America and ask the Chief of Police, who the criminals are, they can tell you by name. Then you pull their arrest sheet and see multiple arrests and we keep turning THESE people loose.

If we were honest with ourselves, which we aren't, this problem could easily be solved but it would require locking up more people but we have people who will look you right in the eyes and tell you, "that won't work, has never worked and never will".

As long as those people are running the show, it never will work which we now clearly see, well, many of us see it.
  • Tiny
  • 11-26-2022, 11:03 PM
Chase Oliver, the Libertarian candidate for the US Senate in Georgia this year, ran while holding a full time job and a part time gig, and his campaign only spent $7900. But he still managed to come up with this slogan, "armed and gay." Now how cool is that? Got to admire those Libertarians.

If I were a gun hater, I wouldn't give a fuck about semi-automatic weapons. How many people get killed in mass shootings with semiautomatic weapons? Maybe 20 or 30 a year? That's nothing. Over 20,000 a year die from handguns. If you're going to get rid of some type of firearms, get rid of handguns. Now my opinion might be affected by the fact that I don't own any handguns, and I would have no hesitation to carry my semiautomatic weapon down main street in plain view. That's if I had one. Which of course I don't.

But I don't really care about any of that. I'm just trying to write something to avoid being accused of hijacking the thread by posting the Oliver slogan.

Seriously Vitaman, your proposal to try to identify individuals who are going to commit mass murders seems like overkill. You're not going to save many lives and you'll spend a lot of money. It sounds like the War on Terror, only admittedly not nearly as costly.