Trump voters, will you vote for DeSantis for POTUS?

Now that Murdoch has endorsed DeSantis I think it is already a done deal he will get the nomination in 2 years. Will you vote for him? If Trump runs as an independent would you vote for Trump instead?
I'll be voting for the Republican nominee unless it's Herschel Walker, then I'll just kill myself knowing this country really is over.
I’ll be voting Trump but Desantis is my 2nd option
  • Tiny
  • 11-26-2022, 11:06 PM
I'll be voting for the Republican nominee unless it's Herschel Walker, then I'll just kill myself knowing this country really is over. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
That's extreme. You don't have to do that Hedonist. Just vote for the Libertarian.

I'm guessing DeSantis would be your #1 pick?
Yes, I like DeSantis. I will vote for him in a Primary for sure.

In 2016 I liked Ted Cruze and voted for him in the primary.

In the November election in 2024, I will vote for the Republican nominee for president . . .whoever that is.
I think the ultimate Presidential Sweepstakes would be Gaven Newsome Vs Ron DeSantis.

These two Governors show diametrically different ways in how to run a large State. Their records will be on full display.

Of course, you will see the Main Stream Media, Hollywood, Pop Culture, The Unions, and Woke America line up behind Newsome, while the rest of the Country supports DeSantis.

This would be the Perfect Storm of American Politics.
  • WTF
  • 11-27-2022, 07:38 AM
Now that Murdoch has endorsed DeSantis I think it is already a done deal he will get the nomination in 2 years. Will you vote for him? If Trump runs as an independent would you vote for Trump instead? Originally Posted by Big Ed
I read a great article on how the delegates are distributed will play a huge role in who will win between DeSantis or Trump should they go at it.

It explained how Trump benefited in 2016 by a winner take all process in the GOP primary.

I'll see if I can find it.
Now that Murdoch has endorsed DeSantis I think it is already a done deal he will get the nomination in 2 years. Will you vote for him? If Trump runs as an independent would you vote for Trump instead? Originally Posted by Big Ed
If DeSantis gets the Republican nomination I would consider voting for him.
  • WTF
  • 11-27-2022, 08:27 AM
If DeSantis gets the Republican nomination I would consider voting for him. Originally Posted by Levianon17
Just consider?
Just consider? Originally Posted by WTF
Yeah, I would have to see who the competition is and how he does in the debates.

not completely accurate. Murdoch hasn't officially endorsed DeSantis because he isn't officially a candidate. Yet. Murdoch's son claims that they would endorse DeSantis "IF" he decides to run.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...e-ron-desantis

Murdoch tells Trump he will not back fresh White House bid – report

Rupert Murdoch has reportedly warned Donald Trump his media empire will not back any attempt to return to the White House, as former supporters turn to the youthful Florida governor Ron DeSantis.

After the Republican party’s disappointing performance in the US midterm elections, in particular the poor showing by candidates backed by Trump, Murdoch’s rightwing media empire appears to be seeking a clean break from the former president’s damaged reputation and perceived waning political power.

Last week, Murdoch’s influential media empire, including right-leaning Fox News, his flagship paper the Wall Street Journal, and the New York Post, each rounded on Trump, calling him a loser and a flop responsible for dragging the Republicans into “one political fiasco after another”.

“We have been clear with Donald. There have been conversations between them during which Rupert made it clear to Donald that we cannot back another run for the White House,” a senior News Corp source told the i newspaper.

Trump, who announced his intention to run for president again in 2024 in a much-hyped TV appearance on Tuesday night in the US, has accused Murdoch of going “all in” to support DeSantis, 44, whom he has called an “average Republican governor” and has nicknamed “Ron DeSanctimonious”.

Lachlan Murdoch, the heir apparent and eldest son, who co-chairs News Corp and runs the parent company of Fox News, has reportedly told DeSantis that the group would back him if he ran in the next election. “Lachlan has been keen on Ron for some time,” said the i’s source. “He’s viewed within the organisation as a sanitised version of Donald.”

DeSantis, who has been called “DeFuture” by the New York Post and “the new Republican party leader” in a Fox News column, has not declared whether he intends to compete to be the party’s 2024 presidential candidate.

Joe Biden, who has been buoyed up by the Democrats strong performance in the midterms but continues to prove unpopular in polls, has also not declared if he will run for president again. While he has no obvious successor, there are concerns about his age if he were to win another term at the White House, as he will be 82 in 2024.
I think the ultimate Presidential Sweepstakes would be Gaven Newsome Vs Ron DeSantis.

These two Governors show diametrically different ways in how to run a large State. Their records will be on full display.

Of course, you will see the Main Stream Media, Hollywood, Pop Culture, The Unions, and Woke America line up behind Newsome, while the rest of the Country supports DeSantis.

This would be the Perfect Storm of American Politics. Originally Posted by Jackie S

I think that is what many think would happen now, but a lot can happen in 12 months.
It doesn’t matter. Until we restore legitimate voting the republicans could run Jesus H Christ and still lose.
It doesn’t matter. Until we restore legitimate voting the republicans could run Jesus H Christ and still lose. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
And yet after more than 2 years you can't come up with any significant cases of voter fraud occuring in the 2020 election.
  • WTF
  • 11-30-2022, 10:55 AM
It doesn’t matter. Until we restore legitimate voting the republicans could run Jesus H Christ and still lose. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
It sure is funny, Republicans won back the House and won many Senate seats....yet when they lose, they cry about "legitimate voting".

Wtf is that whining all about?