Germany politics energy

Germany has been able to construct a receiving terminal in 6 months to import LNG (liquified natural gas).

Normally they take years. Before winter sets in, they solved the problem of being dependent on Russia for gas.

Germany abandoned nuclear power several years back.

If anyone keeps up with German politics and energy policy please post.
I know very little about Germany’s energy politics.
I do have a Question.
Since they are building terminals to receive LNG, where is the LNG coming from?
  • WTF
  • 11-27-2022, 08:47 AM
I do have a Question.
Since they are building terminals to receive LNG, where is the LNG coming from? Originally Posted by Jackie S
Hopefully from pipelines operated by Enterprise Products!
I do have a Question.
Since they are building terminals to receive LNG, where is the LNG coming from? Originally Posted by Jackie S

It will be coming by ship from all over the world.

Fortunately for Germany, they are a rich country and can afford the costs to build something like this quickly. Other countries that are not rich would have a hard time being able to correct a failed disruption in energy supply so quickly which leads to a discussion of energy policy. Not to mention that now the price of LNG will increase and make the poor countries pay more.

Many industries in Germany were strongly in favor of getting gas supplies from Russia, because of the lower prices getting it by pipeline. Can't fault them for that. That affected their political views on Russia, even though they are a NATO member.