The Press ruining Democracy

I think the real issue is that the national press in Washington DC and New York are ruining democracy. They don't report on issues, they don't ask political candidates questions about issues, they basically have reduced political debate down to school yard arguments of his mother wears combat boots.
i agree.

they've been running yellow dog journalism for quite some time with mis-leading info, half-truths, and lies. they rarely make self-corrections unless they're forced to do so.
OP, are you talking about both political parties or just blaming the biased Democratic media and giving a pass to the biased Republican media?

I already know the answer to my question because I don't ask questions unless I already know the answer but please elaborate further so nobody goes off topic.
OP, are you talking about both political parties or just blaming the biased Democratic media and giving a pass to the biased Republican media?

I already know the answer to my question because I don't ask questions unless I already know the answer but please elaborate further so nobody goes off topic. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

You clearly don't have a clue.

It is less about issues as they go to gotcha questions. All press.
No need to waste your time trying to insult me, old timer from a state I'd never step foot in. I asked you a very simple question to bring more clarify about the topic. If you want to be vague, that's cool, I honestly don't give a shit either way. I was just trying to save people from getting points.

Is the media biased? Yep. No shit. But it goes both ways. That's why I don't watch CNN, Fox or MSNBC. They're all so biased that you don't even get the actual news to form your own opinion.

By the way, you still haven't answered my question so folks can stay on your topic. Telling me that I don't have a clue doesn't really answer my question about what the focus of the topic should be about. LOL
Possibly it is cable and the internet that is ruining democracy....Twitter....?

When there were only 3 tv channels, everything was fine.

I already know the answer to my question because I don't ask questions unless I already know the answer but please elaborate further so nobody goes off topic. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain

The OP stated the topic is the national press in Washington DC and New York is ruining democracy. Does that help ? You can't change the focus of the topic.

I already know the answer since I asked the question.

Sarcasm means you never have to say you're sorry.
Possibly it is cable and the internet that is ruining democracy....Twitter....?

When there were only 3 tv channels, everything was fine. Originally Posted by VitaMan

WRONG just easier to repeat a lie and no one challenge it.
Nebraska is one of the great 50 states

When there was no internet, and only 3 tv channels, not so much garbage got tossed around. Now too many outlets looking for an audience.
Shock journalism prevails. 24 hour news cycle requires to be fed with a new story every day. There are not new stories every day. So many stories are made up.
If you like beef, Nebraska is pretty important to you.
Since you are the OP and you brought it up, Valentine Nebraska is the place to go.

Dinnertime.
55 identical rancher hats
55 identical steaks
And we're done . . .

Thread Closed