trying to go home need help please

I'm leaving Eccie for good I need help getting a train ticket I don't no Dallas .can anyone help
Moved from ISO.
  • DSK
  • 01-12-2015, 09:18 AM
I'm leaving Eccie for good I need help getting a train ticket I don't no Dallas .can anyone help Originally Posted by SimplyCindy
Why not go to the bus station?
Looks like you need to stay a little longer and do a little more providing to save up the money to get that ticket!
Train tickets are a bit pricey-- but I could probably help with a bus ticket. Pm me if you are still in need.
Are you offering discounts or specials? Or looking for a handout?
Don't get me wrong.. I understand the "handout backlash" mentality. But if she legit wants out and is legit going home (meaning, I buy her a non-refundable ticket) then I fail to see why anyone would want a reduced or discounted session from someone who may very well not want to provide at all anymore.

Honestly... do you want a session from someone who doesn't want to provide it? Not everyone who is here wishes to be here... I don't mind shelling out a little cash that I really don't have in order to get someone home if that is what they truly want.
Grace - very well said...
  • hd
  • 01-12-2015, 12:09 PM
Good for you Grace, and good luck to Cindy finding her way, but I'm sure many here are like me, I see enough pan handlers and so on that I have no problem ignoring them. I would imagine there are charitable groups that will help situations like this?
Don't get me wrong.. I understand the "handout backlash" mentality. But if she legit wants out and is legit going home (meaning, I buy her a non-refundable ticket) then I fail to see why anyone would want a reduced or discounted session from someone who may very well not want to provide at all anymore.

Honestly... do you want a session from someone who doesn't want to provide it? Not everyone who is here wishes to be here... I don't mind shelling out a little cash that I really don't have in order to get someone home if that is what they truly want. Originally Posted by GracePreston
Very classy Grace and very well said!
Years ago I helped a lady out with almost the exact same story. Took her downtown and bought her a bus ticket home. She asked for some traveling money also and I gave it to her. Somewhere around Amarillo she had a change of heart, got off the bus, and with the "traveling money" I gave her bought a ticket back to Dallas. Upon arrival (this was way before cell phones) she called me to help her find a place to stay.

Not saying this is the same situation but please understand my doubts.
...bought a ticket back to Dallas. Upon arrival (this was way before cell phones) she called me to help her find a place to stay.
. Originally Posted by Brass Balls
Well..... didja?
Well..... didja? Originally Posted by Bad_Mojo
That's between me and her! LOL
I don't mind shelling out a little cash that I really don't have in order to get someone home if that is what they truly want. Originally Posted by GracePreston
So did you?

Did you "shell out a little cash" to help her?

If you didn't, why not?
So did you?

Did you "shell out a little cash" to help her?

If you didn't, why not? Originally Posted by Trill Jackson
I posted to this thread and I also sent a PM to her. As of this moment, I have not heard back from her. I can only extend a hand, she has to grab it.