Shopping suggestions!

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

I've got a new gal in my life that I want to take on a clothes shopping trip. She has almost nothing because she fled from a domestic abuse situation. So, work on the assumption that she has little to nothing to work with or any accessories.

She is in her early 30s. 5'4'' tall. Fair skinned. Curvy hips, but not what I would call obese. C-B cups? At the very least I'd like to buy her a nice dress for general day or evening wear. We will see how the rest goes. She will probably need more than the dress.

I just don't know where to take a woman to shop. Of course I know about malls, but if there are some stores I should be focused on for her then I would love to hear about them.

When you include the name of the store, please include the age range you think the store is targeting, and how expensive you think the clothes will run.

I realize that one person spends in a day might be what one person spends in a week or a month. Look at it from the perspective of someone who does not have huge piles of cash to burn. I work hard and have a decent job, but I want to do something special for this gal without selling a kidney to pay for it all.

Example:

GAP - 20s to mid 30s - low to moderate prices

This is just an example. I don't know how women view GAP or see the prices.

If you want to comment too, that would be great. Any insights you can give me will help me, help her get the most for what I am able to assist her with.

Thanks! I posted in the co-ed forum because I am hoping some of you ladies will chime in and offer advice!
Try, BeBe's for some sexy clothes if she likes that, best thing to do is question her about what she likes, and take her to the mall and watch what she goes to check out.
  • L.A.
  • 04-06-2016, 11:58 AM
Show her ECCIE and she can buy her own clothes.
JCPenny has great clothes for any age....Kohls is also awesome for great stylish clothes at reasonable prices

And also try taking her to Galleria Mall{cute botique clothes can be found at several shops there}

and for jewelry & purses try SAM MOON!
Ask her where she likes to shop then take her there. If you were going to spend $500 give her 5 Benjamins and tell her to have a ball.
TJ MAXX is another place that rocks, I love being able to get some Coach, Guess heels there for almost nothing compared to Retail

JCPenny has great clothes for any age....Kohls is also awesome for great stylish clothes at reasonable prices

And also try taking her to Galleria Mall{cute botique clothes can be found at several shops there}

and for jewelry & purses try SAM MOON!
Originally Posted by DallasRain
ditto--TJ MAXX is where I buy my shampoos/bubblebaths & nail polish...also great clothes!
And try Marshall's too.
Totally agree with the TJ Maxx suggestion.
Ask her where she likes to shop then take her there. If you were going to spend $500 give her 5 Benjamins and tell her to have a ball. Originally Posted by Knighthawk
This is a good suggestion. I know some women can make that (or any) amount of money go a long way. The places mentioned above are also ones they routinely visit, and they are always complemented on their style and how good they look.

If your gal doesn't need help on where to go or how to spend, I'd say just explain the situation and that you would love to help out. Also, make it fun and go with her. Have lunch, watch her try on clothes, then take her to a movie, or dancing, or whatever she likes doing. Make a day/evening of it.

Good luck!
Outlet Mall at Grand Prairie is always a fun get away shopping and then out for dinner. Something for every age at every price.
Show her ECCIE and she can buy her own clothes. Originally Posted by L.A.
Bwahaha!
  • anita
  • 04-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Ask her what her favorite store is, and take her there. I sometimes walk in stores and don't find anything I like. That never happens at my favorite store. Ijs.
You can also try Buffalo Exhange, La Patricia (in Sam Moon's Shopping Center), Ross, A'gaci (Willowbend Mall). There are alot of inexpensive stores/boutiques at Collin Creek Mall.
Try thinking of it as a series of events. Mix it up a bit; you'll need cheap ($10 jeans, BOGO shirts) every day use: running errands and around the house. Have a few things for normal date nights (dinner, movie, etc), family gatherings, work events (company Christmas party), and then that black dress for fancy times.
Try, BeBe's for some sexy clothes if she likes that, best thing to do is question her about what she likes, and take her to the mall and watch what she goes to check out. Originally Posted by WyldeAndromeda
I have heard of this brand. I will try to do some more research on them. Thanks for the suggestion!