Woke racism claims another victim

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...cot-ditch-logo

It is just another microcosm of being woke. Being offended on behalf of some other people who don't really care or have a dog i the hunt. Racism is when you cancel someone's existence for the sake of not being racist.

In Savannah, MO the high school is represented by the Savannah Savage. Many years ago, a profiled Sioux warrior with braided hair and a couple of feathers. Not exactly scary or intimidating.
Some years ago, the politically correct decided to dehumanize the logo with a stylized representation of a dark, threatening native American. Now those same people have come back and removed the logo by a vote of 4-3. By removing this representation, the woke crowd is making Native Americans disappear. They are being cancelled so that no reference is around to show that they used to be there. Young children upon entering school would be reminded that Northwest Missouri was once occupied by tribes of Native Americans. Now there will be no reminder.
The Germans did the same things with the Jewish population in the 1940s. Not only did they make the living Jews disappear but the Germans meticulously made all the Jewish headstones disappear from cemeteries. No reminders to the future populations of who had come before. The "woke" are doing the same thing in the name of anti-racism.
there doesn't seem to be an avenue for understanding

give in to us or you are a racist seems to be the road we are on
https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...cot-ditch-logo

It is just another microcosm of being woke. Being offended on behalf of some other people who don't really care or have a dog i the hunt. Racism is when you cancel someone's existence for the sake of not being racist.

In Savannah, MO the high school is represented by the Savannah Savage. Many years ago, a profiled Sioux warrior with braided hair and a couple of feathers. Not exactly scary or intimidating.
Some years ago, the politically correct decided to dehumanize the logo with a stylized representation of a dark, threatening native American. Now those same people have come back and removed the logo by a vote of 4-3. By removing this representation, the woke crowd is making Native Americans disappear. They are being cancelled so that no reference is around to show that they used to be there. Young children upon entering school would be reminded that Northwest Missouri was once occupied by tribes of Native Americans. Now there will be no reminder.
The Germans did the same things with the Jewish population in the 1940s. Not only did they make the living Jews disappear but the Germans meticulously made all the Jewish headstones disappear from cemeteries. No reminders to the future populations of who had come before. The "woke" are doing the same thing in the name of anti-racism. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
You're wrong in so many ways. Too many ways to address each one
If someone doesn't agree with you, you try to have majority votes overturned.
They're keeping the name and losing the image. You talk about the same people changing things. And you had to add your nazi false equivalencies.
And only you and you ilk would consider the "Savannah Savages" as the way to remind young children that indian tribes once inhabited Northern Missouri.
Too bad MO (in your opinion) has given up teaching facts and expect that Savannah Savages obviously shows the earlier inhabitants.
I'm not very skeptical of VerySkeptical's post.

Well said.
You're wrong in so many ways. Too many ways to address each one
They're keeping the name and losing the image. You talk about the same people changing things. And you had to add your nazi false equivalencies.
And only you and you ilk would consider the "Savannah Savages" as the way to remind young children that indian tribes once inhabited Northern Missouri.
Too bad MO (in your opinion) has given up teaching facts and expect that Savannah Savages obviously shows the earlier inhabitants.
Originally Posted by VerySkeptical

Trust me, I'm not wrong. Here is where you're wrong; majority? It was an outside group that started this. The school board capitulated but what about the alumni? Where was their voice?
Only you would think using the German example of record keeping and a perverse pride in what they did to the Jewish people would be rendered as a simple equivalency. Have you no respect for the Jewish victims?
At no time did I say that using the logo as a way to remember the indigenous (you called them Indians) people who used to inhabit the land. Every respectful reference whether it is a sports team or attack helicopter is a reference to the fighting spirit of a group even if it is a pugnacious Irishman or a fighting warrior. Taking these examples away diminishes the memories for the young.
My high school was The Spartans, a reference to their reputation as great fighters. This is exactly the same connotation.

Originally Posted by VerySkeptical
You mean like stuffing ballot boxes with unidentified votes?
black people are racist af, and white people are a bunch of soy boy pussified lesbian cowards.

White people will be eradicated by nature itself for being a race of multi-gendered lesbian retards.
H I M is back?
H I M won.
Yes! The One that is H I M
In other news, Idris Elba's famous role as John Luther from the BBC drama "Luther" has been deemed "not black enough to be real"

Apparently he's not convincing because he doesn't have black friends and doesn't eat Caribbean food.

Repeating that last one: The character is not a believable black man in the UK because he's not depicted eating Caribbean food.

Remember when clinging to stereotypes was considered racist? Pepperidge Farms remembers. Now they've gone full retard and are pigeonholing people to stereotypes.
In other news, Idris Elba's famous role as John Luther from the BBC drama "Luther" has been deemed "not black enough to be real"

Apparently he's not convincing because he doesn't have black friends and doesn't eat Caribbean food.

Repeating that last one: The character is not a believable black man in the UK because he's not depicted eating Caribbean food.

Remember when clinging to stereotypes was considered racist? Pepperidge Farms remembers. Now they've gone full retard and are pigeonholing people to stereotypes. Originally Posted by GastonGlock
Youd think that the whole thing is racist?
Molasses to Rum to Slaves
Youd think that the whole thing is racist?
Molasses to Rum to Slaves Originally Posted by winn dixie
Good reference!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeuaTpH6Ck0