the ever-essential anonymous phone

I hope to take the plunge soon and I need a phone that can't be traced back to me. Anyone have companies/models/places they trust the most?

-Robinson
I hope to take the plunge soon and I need a phone that can't be traced back to me. Anyone have companies/models/places they trust the most? Any advice would help.

-Robinson
WalMart To Go phones $10 to $50 prepaid and no personal info needed to activate.
the question is, how anonymous do you need to be? for the average person id say yes a prepaid walmart phone, but if someone had the resources they could find out exactly who bought that phone, where they bought a refill card, etc. with video cameras everywhere these days dont expect complete anonymity.
I would agree with Boobs, a throw away phone is relatively anonymous. However the reciever/transmitter are licensed with FCC. So they can trace manufacturer, which gives store it was sold, which has you on camera purchasing. A couple flyers in the vicinity and someone's pointing to your front door. So more than likely your safe from anybody that doesn't have a warrant.
None of them are completely untraceable . Like the Grateful Dead says " if you have a warrant then I guess that you're going to come in" Busted!
  • Paven
  • 04-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Find an old liquor store, there are usually pay phones out front but be sure to wear a glove when calling so as not to leave any prints .
Search on "hobby phone". This topic gets rehashed every couple of months.
I got mine at Wal-Mart
http://www.merch-bot.com/shop/images...guise_LRG.jpg/

Use this and pay with cash. Be sure to walk or bicycle to the store too.
I'll use my bicycle. Then when I'm not using the phone I'll remove the battery so it's not tracking me everywhere I go when it's off. I'll use a voice changer whenever I use it, and tell everyone I'm my boss at work whenever I make a date with a provider.
Pay cash at a small family run convenience store. If they have a sign "Video Surveillance" they probably don't.

I've even bought a SIM from a company in the Caymans. "They" can't track the phone, only the SIM. You can buy an unlocked phone for $20 at many of the mobile phone repair places. I don't know if he's still there, but there's a mobile phone repair place near 183 & MoPac where the guy will sell you an unlocked phone with a "paperless" SIM. You have to meet him by his truck after he shuts down, but he's a "stand up guy".

CL? NFW!! Hot to begin with!
Buy an unlocked phone. Any phone you buy off the shelf will likely have some traceability since you can only use one service. You can even get an unlocked iPhone 3 for around $100. See my other post.
  • ztonk
  • 04-09-2012, 10:23 AM
I merged the two phone threads into one.

ztonk
AustinModStaff
Like the Grateful Dead says " if you have a warrant then I guess that you're going to come in" Busted! Originally Posted by rockerrick

AND THEN THEY DIDN'T GO BACK TO NOLA!!!!! ~