Best area to stay in Houston.

• Dedra
  • 06-18-2023, 10:36 AM
I will be heading that way around the beginning of July. I have never been to Houston. I don't know how it is laid out so I am not sure where to book a room. I am looking for safe and convenient place to have visitors. I also do not want to be right in the middle of a big event or anything so if there are places I need to avoid during that time please let me know. Also open to suggestions on the must see things in Houston.
Thanks for helping a girl out
Do you have your visa? Houston now has a "one out, one in" policy. Due to the overwhelming number of people coming to Houston, they only allow one person in for each person that leaves, to help control the population at a given time. This somewhat controls traffic (but it's still terrible), helps control lines to eating establishments, bars, theaters, museums, etc. It's all very bad now but without the policy the city would be too congested to function. You can get an e-visa online.
I always try to avoid downtown and the Galleria
Welcome
I would avoid Montgomery County. The sheriff does not like hobby
West Houston between 610 west loop and Sam Houston tollway near Bunkerhill rd off of IH10 is a very nice area, everything you need is nearby.
  • Dedra
  • 06-20-2023, 08:14 AM
Thank you. Looking into that area now.
  • Dedra
  • 06-20-2023, 08:15 AM
Definitely will keep that in mind. I like to say under the radar