Houston trip - Any tips?

So, I'm planning a trip to Texas soon to do a little playing and I'm looking for some seasoned ladies and gents to give me some advice.

Namely, what's a good area of town to stay in? Accessible, affordable, safe, that kind of stuff. The usual.

I've rolled through Houston for parties before so I have a mild lay of the land, but as far as the specifics of the city are concerned I'm pretty clueless.

So what's hot and what's not in H-Town?

Thanks
The Galleria area appears to be the most popular area for visiting ladies. There are plenty of hotels and lots to do in the area.
  • bbkid
  • 01-16-2013, 07:34 AM
Yeah....
... lots to do in the area., like sitting in your sled in all the traffic that area offers. Originally Posted by Taylor213
Yes ma'am, all my advice says GALLERIA
The Galleria is good because in spite of the paralyzing traffic, its fairly easy to get to from all areas of Houston. If you get bored, you wont need a car to shop, eat, drink or club. Lots of options in the area.
Galleria. Traffic is not that bad outside of rush hours. Check out biddingfortravel.com for tips on getting great hotel deals on Priceline. It teaches you how to get rooms for about $5 more than what Priceline pays, so very good deals.
Please don't starve if you decide to stay in the Galleria.
I wonder how many providers are coming in for NBA all-star weekend...
I am coming to Houston next weekend and I personally found that the hotels in this area are very expensive!! Im not sure when you are hitting Houston but make sure you have a couple of Pre-bookings. I became a bit nervous after I bought the flight, then realized I had little bookings and the cost of the hotel was stressful thinking I might lose money here! But so far I have had some good gentlemen prebook and have a few openings left....