Do you have trouble.....

Being around & talking to people for long periods of time? I'm not taking about high school angst, or being completely antisocial. Something along the lines of becoming mentally drained being around people beyond a certain time threshold.

I would say about 20 days out of the year are days I can tolerate being extremely social. Most days I'm either dreading being around people after about 4 hours, or locked away In my room or living room drinking heavily . One of the reasons my relationship is on the rocks is due to the fact that I told her that I can't stand being around her for more than an hour. It wasn't an insult I simply can't or I'll become Irritated & fatigued.

Once again this isn't the attention seeking type of high school antisocial. It's more of a debilitating one, I'm seriously trying to overcome & am wondering if anyone else can relate. I'll take some tips, I truly think this is a mind over matter thing & I just need a good strategy.
No.
That high school anti social behavior does carry over to adulthood and is not "just a phase" some times. You can start here and see what you think
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder

I'm not a doctor so don't get mad if I misinterpreted what you said or anything.
That high school anti social behavior does carry over to adulthood and is not "just a phase" some times. You can start here and see what you think
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety_disorder

I'm not a doctor so don't get mad if I misinterpreted what you said or anything. Originally Posted by Fishpie
No, I wouldn't say I'm afraid to be around people. I'm not even socially awkward. I can be social but only for a certain amount of time before fatigue etc.

I get what you're hitting at though. & no, I'm not going to get mad. I'm the one asking a message board about a problem of mine. I'm not gonna get butthurt over honesty.
I'm the one asking a message board about a problem of mine. Originally Posted by kirbykirby
Therein lies your problem...
Therein lies your problem... Originally Posted by Wakeup
No, I don't think the source of my problem lies with asking an off topic message board "can they relate." I actually know where it lies. My question is about people whom can relate & tips for dealing with it. You said "no." Figured you were done.

Thanks though.
My question is about people whom can relate & tips for dealing with it. Originally Posted by kirbykirby

Oh in that case just fake it. You have some sort of anti social behavior going on and just might be in denial about it.
You misunderstand...part of your problem lies in the fact that you're not asking the correct people...
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...troversion.htm

Home > My MBTIŽ Personality Type > MBTIŽ Basics > Extraversion or Introversion
The first pair of psychological preferences is Extraversion and Introversion. Where do you put your attention and get your energy? Do you like to spend time in the outer world of people and things (Extraversion), or in your inner world of ideas and images (Introversion)?

Extraversion and Introversion as terms used by C. G. Jung explain different attitudes people use to direct their energy. These words have a meaning in psychology that is different from the way they are used in everyday language.

Everyone spends some time extraverting and some time introverting. Don't confuse Introversion with shyness or reclusiveness. They are not related.

Take a minute to ask yourself which of the following descriptions seems more natural, effortless, and comfortable for you?

Extraversion (E)

I like getting my energy from active involvement in events and having a lot of different activities. I'm excited when I'm around people and I like to energize other people. I like moving into action and making things happen. I generally feel at home in the world. I often understand a problem better when I can talk out loud about it and hear what others have to say.

The following statements generally apply to me:

I am seen as "outgoing" or as a "people person."
I feel comfortable in groups and like working in them.
I have a wide range of friends and know lots of people.
I sometimes jump too quickly into an activity and don't allow enough time to think it over.
Before I start a project, I sometimes forget to stop and get clear on what I want to do and why.
Introversion (I)

I like getting my energy from dealing with the ideas, pictures, memories, and reactions that are inside my head, in my inner world. I often prefer doing things alone or with one or two people I feel comfortable with. I take time to reflect so that I have a clear idea of what I'll be doing when I decide to act. Ideas are almost solid things for me. Sometimes I like the idea of something better than the real thing.

The following statements generally apply to me:
I am seen as "reflective" or "reserved."
I feel comfortable being alone and like things I can do on my own.
I prefer to know just a few people well.
I sometimes spend too much time reflecting and don't move into action quickly enough.
I sometimes forget to check with the outside world to see if my ideas really fit the experience.

Adapted from Looking at Type: The Fundamentals
by Charles R. Martin (CAPT 1997)
You misunderstand...part of your problem lies in the fact that you're not asking the correct people... Originally Posted by Wakeup
Oh, In that case,. I figure there's always someone...... anyone better suited to answer questions & give tips than a message board. But I get your point. Yes, this is an online off topic message board. Not the best place, but still a place to ask a general non serious question.
http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...troversion.htm

Adapted from Looking at Type: The Fundamentals
by Charles R. Martin (CAPT 1997) Originally Posted by YummyMarie
Yeah I know about that. Let me ask you. Do you ever feel as I described in my OP?
You misunderstand...part of your problem lies in the fact that you're not asking the correct people... Originally Posted by Wakeup
True.

It would be better to visit a T-Road bartender.
kirby, I get it. People can get on my nerves sometimes too. But not to the point where they physically tire me. More that I'm frustrated by their ignorance.
Reminds me of a bumper sticker...

The more I'm around people,
The more I like my dog.
kirby, I get it. People can get on my nerves sometimes too. But not to the point where they physically tire me. More that I'm frustrated by their ignorance.
Reminds me of a bumper sticker...

The more I'm around people,
The more I like my dog.
Originally Posted by H.Hardhat
Lol, I get what you're saying, But me & you are worlds apart lol. I think my topic has jumped the shark. I'll leave it at this post before someone post the same post over & over.
No, I have not felt that way on a continuous or daily basis. It seems a little deeper than mind over matter to me, but I'm no expert, so I'll leave it at that.