A Republican Immigration Plan

https://rollcall.com/2022/02/08/undo...am-under-bill/

About fucking time someone drops the Stephen Miller fatalist no compromise bullshit. Seems reasonable. I'm on board
... Not gonna happen.

... That is - unless President Trump proposes something
similar (again) when He's on in 2025.

### Salty
I often wondered why they hadn't thought of this before? Seems reasonable.
This isn't new, persay, but a collection of some of the better ideas with some novel twists. Would face some internal party resistance because some view any path other than deportations for the DACA folks as unacceptable amnesty and a betrayal of whatever stick is up their ass in that moment.
I often wondered why they hadn't thought of this before? Seems reasonable. Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay
Yep!
DACA has been a political football since Obama. The can that's been kicked down the street for years. Time to get resolution or decisions. My only concern would be that it could set a precedent for others seeking a fast track or to qualify for the same. It's not lost on anyone that any legal decision's have outcomes that others will try to manipulate. If the original immigration laws were followed from day 1, it wouldn't be an issue. I will say that I'm all for deportation of ppl who aren't seeking valid asylum. It's not a lack of compassion but rather a protection of sovereignty. We have a lot of legal mechanism to come here, and that should be followed. Ppl who violate that process need to go back to the end of line. ( I know some of you reptards just lost you minds reading this from me.)
They need to break the logjam in the immigration courts though. USCIS as well.

A person shouldn't have to wait 6 years and deal with 3 administrations and not have a clear answer about whether they are granted asylum or not.

USCIS, CBP and the immigration court system are underfunded and not organized in a way that will lead to efficient, clear, timely adjudication and enforcement of our laws.

Part of that was intentional by a previous administration to add an additional deterrent to all forms of immigration, not just illegal. And the current one hasn't tackled this the way it needs to be