Would you be more/less inclined to post a review if comments were not allowed?

I'll state my bias up front. It's very common that once a member posts a review, the WKs and bashers both show up, along with people who just want to piggy back the thread instead of adding complete information in a review of their own. Often as not, a lot of shit gets stirred or at best the water is muddied, not helping people make decisions.

Many members claim to have decided to just stop doing reviews because it isn't worth the hassle. I believe more reviews would get posted (and more information be available thereby) if comments were not allowed. I thought it would be interesting to get a general perspective.
  • Old-T
  • 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I understand your point but I always tend to err on the side of letting things see the light of day.

I would be very concerned about reviews that cannot be commented on--much too easy to post a fake review, or one that is either a disguised sales pitch or hatchet job.
More info is better than restricted info. By not allowing comments, you are restricting info flow. You always run into situations where the girl self-reviews or she has a white knight right a review for a session that never took place. If you don't have comments to rebutt this type of activity, I could not trust the review. I think most of us are keen enough to wade through all the bull shit and make up our own mind the truth of the situation. Keep the comments in the reviews.
I don't review in favor or in fear of comments. I review so my hobby buddies can make an informed decision
I don't review in favor or in fear of comments. I review so my hobby buddies can make an informed decision Originally Posted by burkalini
Circle this date on the calendar...I agree with Burkalini.

There I said it!! And I'm not taking it back. It wasn't so difficult....but I think I'm gonna have to go lie down.
Ha, I didn't have permission to vote in this poll.

SHAYLA, the Red Wings just won their 15th consecutive home win. Go RED WINGS!!
More info is better than restricted info. By not allowing comments, you are restricting info flow. You always run into situations where the girl self-reviews or she has a white knight right a review for a session that never took place. If you don't have comments to rebutt this type of activity, I could not trust the review. I think most of us are keen enough to wade through all the bull shit and make up our own mind the truth of the situation. Keep the comments in the reviews. Originally Posted by Cpalmson

The comments are bullshit and nothing butt bullshit. Go through the reviews and try to find a comment that is constructive. Commenting on a guy spending $$$ and only getting a hj is crap. If he is happy, why would a comment be appropriate? Or the "Nice Review" is also crap. Or beating a guy up because he does not disclose enough info for the commenter to get off on is also crap.

Without the comments most readers will recognize a WK or fake review. CPalm even said " I think most of us are keen enough to wade through all the bull shit and make up our own mind the truth of the situation." So why would comments be appropriate?
I usually only comment on guys or girls I know anyway. I am either bullshitting with the guy or talking to the girl.
The poll appears to not be working.

While it is true that many of the comments are useless, some are truly useful. I know that when I was new to ECCIE and did not have premium access, I was able to make some good decisions on who to see based not just on the description and recommendations in the reviews, since I couldn't see the ROS, but also on the supportive and sometimes contradictory comments that followed.
Comments on a review are the worst.
I have seen a girl get bashed by men she has never even seen.
That is not right. If one has nothing nice to say, it's best not to say them at all.
I also saw someone say on a girl's review that she wasn't all that great but she was something to "dump in". Despicable.
The comments are bullshit and nothing butt bullshit. Go through the reviews and try to find a comment that is constructive. Commenting on a guy spending $$$ and only getting a hj is crap. If he is happy, why would a comment be appropriate? Or the "Nice Review" is also crap. Or beating a guy up because he does not disclose enough info for the commenter to get off on is also crap.

Without the comments most readers will recognize a WK or fake review. CPalm even said " I think most of us are keen enough to wade through all the bull shit and make up our own mind the truth of the situation." So why would comments be appropriate? Originally Posted by pyramider
Where do you hobby? I know in my local forum, the comments for the most part are informative and actually make the original review stronger. It might be locality specific as to comments being useless (for what ever reason). I like reading comments and being able to add something to the discussion.
  • Gucci
  • 01-16-2012, 10:36 PM
I read the comments but I go off reviews, if ten people say a provider only does CBJ and is a clock watcher but someone comments and says the he got BBBJ and stayed an hour over for free, well chances are he's lying. Now comments do come in handy when there is a new provider and a new member comes in a day later and gives her two thumbs up and five stars !
I'm pretty sure fellow hobbists find interest
in the girls that have their apparent fan clubs.
Passionate talent evokes loyal clients.

You won't find anything but tongue in cheek
defense of the likes of bp candice.

As CP noted we're all capable of discerning
the relevant from the ridiculous.

The flak around some girls threads
fills their pm's with requests.

Some guys are just dicks to hons
for no good reason- I've seen it.

This is all fictional entertainment anyway yes.
The poll appears to not be working. Originally Posted by Fratelli
Admin is looking at the poll. It is definitively not working correctly.
I'll state my bias up front. It's very common that once a member posts a review, the WKs and bashers both show up, along with people who just want to piggy back the thread instead of adding complete information in a review of their own. Often as not, a lot of shit gets stirred or at best the water is muddied, not helping people make decisions.

Many members claim to have decided to just stop doing reviews because it isn't worth the hassle. I believe more reviews would get posted (and more information be available thereby) if comments were not allowed. I thought it would be interesting to get a general perspective. Originally Posted by Bobave
Comments help me make decissions, but maybe a better approach is to limt the comments i.e. allow other to chime in on a review and be able to vote on a scale 1-10 and just simple do away with the written coments. For me seeing ratings from others based on on guys review would still give me necessary tools to make decissions.