My (Unique) idea for a Useful Government Subsidy...

Subsidies abound, from child care, student debt relief, even transit vouchers. But I have never heard this proposed. I think it would boost the economy, and be as useful as the Earned Income Credit for the ''working YOUNG poor''.

A 50% Auto Insurance Subsidy.

Young people struggle to obtain a used car, then have to pay exorbitant insurance rates, that damn near swallow their whole full-time paycheck. God forbid they are paying on a student loan, too, but my proposal is geared to those specifically, who graduate high school, trade school or Community College, then must be self-supporting.

Of course there are qualifiers. You live with your Parents, the subsidy is cut to 25%. Family income must be below 75,000. And you must show proof of employment.

A major problem I have with Auto Insurance, is that mileage is not considered. A Young Adult may drive 4,000-5,000 a year, max, but his damn Insurance costs $1 per mile!
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Z....................
Subsidies abound, from child care, student debt relief, even transit vouchers. But I have never heard this proposed. I think it would boost the economy, and be as useful as the Earned Income Credit for the ''working YOUNG poor''.

Young people struggle to obtain a used car, then have to pay exorbitant insurance rates, that damn near swallow their whole full-time paycheck. God forbid they are paying on a student loan, too, but my proposal is geared to those specifically, who graduate high school, trade school or Community College, then must be self-supporting.

Of course there are qualifiers. You live with your Parents, the subsidy is cut to 25%. Family income must be below 75,000. And you must show proof of employment.

A major problem I have with Auto Insurance, is that mileage is not considered. A Young Adult may drive 4,000-5,000 a year, max, but his damn Insurance costs $1 per mile! Originally Posted by Chung Tran
Only a person with a low Testosterone Level would think of stupid shit like this.
YEAH, he doesn't explain where he's gonna get the money from.... just pile some more IOUs to the American debt pile!
YEAH, he doesn't explain where he's gonna get the money from.... just pile some more IOUs to the American debt pile! Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Typical Liberal." Pie In The Sky" nonsense. No self reliant person needs Government especially Liberals to intervene into their lives.
A major problem I have with Auto Insurance, is that mileage is not considered. A Young Adult may drive 4,000-5,000 a year, max, but his damn Insurance costs $1 per mile! Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I wonder why it's so high, hmmm? Maybe it's because they are riskier to insure compared to others because they get in a lot of fender benders. Ya think? So why should American taxpayers underwrite the insurance industry? Because you know that's what this proposal would do, right?
my proposal is geared to those specifically, who graduate high school, trade school or Community College, then must be self-supporting.
So basically everybody who doesn’t graduate a typical college?
  • oeb11
  • 07-31-2021, 09:28 AM
I don't want to pay it
So- the government should do it for me.

Maoist DPST Communist ideology.
A 50% Auto Insurance Subsidy. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
So you believe the taxpayers should subsidize someone who ignores the traffic laws and violates most all of the "safe driving" directives required to past a licensing test?

Most of the little (YOUNG!) fuckers I've seen accelerating through intersections to cut a red light probably don't have any insurance and wouldn't even pay 50% even if they have a driver's license.

And the reason: they don't obey traffic laws.

Just make it a felony to drive with no effective driver's license after 60 days of expiration or 60 days without any record of having a license in the state where stopped AND they have an address in that state ............ and a felony to drive with no automobile insurance for more than 30 days....that is valid for the state in which they are driving. Did I mention a felony for the first DWI?

If Texas can make it a felony to pay for pussy .... the above seems simple.
Only a person with a low Testosterone Level would think of stupid shit like this. Originally Posted by Levianon17
I thought "testosterone" had to do with nuts...not brains.
  • Tiny
  • 07-31-2021, 10:56 AM

Hey, make the subsidy apply to just electric vehicles and you've got a progressive politician's wet dream.

Kudos for recognizing the problem CT, 20 year old Texas men pay something like $5,000 for insurance. That's ridiculous.

I hate the subsidy idea though. Kids should do what I did, buy junkers and just carry liability insurance. Instead they borrow heaps of money for shiny new cars and the bank makes them pay for full coverage.

When the government gets involved they end up pushing up prices. That's why many students end up with crazy student debt. The government makes it where students can borrow ridiculous amounts of money and the colleges take advantage of it by jacking up tuition.

Anyway, I think the subsidy would cause young people, who are just looking at their monthly payments, to take on more debt than they should.
Hey, make the subsidy apply to just electric vehicles and you've got a progressive politician's wet dream.

Kudos for recognizing the problem CT, 20 year old Texas men pay something like $5,000 for insurance. That's ridiculous.

I hate the subsidy idea though. Kids should do what I did, buy junkers and just carry liability insurance. Instead they borrow heaps of money for shiny new cars and the bank makes them pay for full coverage.

When the government gets involved they end up pushing up prices. That's why many students end up with crazy student debt. The government makes it where students can borrow ridiculous amounts of money and the colleges take advantage of it by jacking up tuition.

Anyway, I think the subsidy would cause young people, who are just looking at their monthly payments, to take on more debt than they should. Originally Posted by Tiny
Good response Tiny. Unlike the rest, whose responses must have come during a masturbation session.

So you believe the taxpayers should subsidize someone who ignores the traffic laws and violates most all of the "safe driving" directives required to past a licensing test?

Most of the little (YOUNG!) fuckers I've seen accelerating through intersections to cut a red light probably don't have any insurance and wouldn't even pay 50% even if they have a driver's license.

And the reason: they don't obey traffic laws.

Just make it a felony to drive with no effective driver's license after 60 days of expiration or 60 days without any record of having a license in the state where stopped AND they have an address in that state ............ and a felony to drive with no automobile insurance for more than 30 days....that is valid for the state in which they are driving. Did I mention a felony for the first DWI?

If Texas can make it a felony to pay for pussy .... the above seems simple. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Your response makes my point.

You lump every young person into one category.. Irresponsible. What if I parsed you demographically, and labeled you a January 6 Rioter/Conspiracy Nut, because you fit the profile?

What good does making no insurance a felony do? 25% of Texas Drivers are already uninsured, you will force the number much higher. You say those drivers are all reckless. Guess what? They will still drive uninsured, because they must to survive. Just like Illegals do, who are blocked from drivers licensing. Your plan is to crack down and essentially make being poor a felony, which Republicans do historically.
Originally Posted by Tiny
What you just said is "ridiculous"!

When one examines "averages" one must factor in those factors that cause an increase in premiums for particular individuals ...

https://www.bankrate.com/insurance/c...n-texas/#young

... rates in Texas are typically high for younger drivers ...

because of exactly what I said .... tickets, accidents, drunk driving, and credit issues .... Houston is ridiculous ... and anyone who spends any amount of time driving around the Houston metro knows exactly why .... IMO 60-70% of those on the road in the Houston area if they have a driver's license shouldn't have one or be allowed to drive. They can't read ... for one!

and/or they are color blind ...

and don't have any math skills .. along with inability to read..

I won't even mention unsafe lane changing and following too close, because those take learning skills of judging distances and the physics of bringing a 3,000 to 5,000 pound object to a stop.

I won't even mention unsafe lane changing and following too close, because those take learning skills of judging distances and the physics of bringing a 3,000 to 5,000 pound object to a stop. Originally Posted by LexusLover
I'll mention it!

The people who change lanes rapidly and recklessly, and ride my bumper are typically Redneck White Males, 35-55, driving pick up trucks. Similar to the Jan. 6 Rioter profile, except for skewing about 5 years YOUNGER.
  • oeb11
  • 07-31-2021, 12:06 PM
maoist DPST communist Omar - $1200 prmonth government check to every person in America.

I wonder if bezos cares.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ans/vi-AAMMoZw