general question on threADs

are the mods now deleting blatant threADs from co-ed? or have they always?

for some reason i used to think that they got moved to the sandbox or something...

reason i ask is that this morning i saw a threAD in which a provider was saying something about her PC not working and now it is (i think) the title caught my eye [something about floodgates?] then i looked inside (purpose of the threAD). but this afternoon its gone.

don't get me wrong, i approve of the deletion practice completely - just wanting to be sure i don't need to go see about some meds or worried maybe that the NSA has infiltrated the board.

am i losing it?!?
That thread is in the Dallas Sandbox.
It depends.

From my understanding, blatant threADS are totally allowed. It just depends on the intelligence or stupidity of the poster.

If it is not thought-provoking or hobby-related, it will probably get moved to The Sandbox. Duh!!
Coed is for hobby-related, thought-provoking topics, as described at the top of the forum.

If the lady knows how to cover up her advertising well, and she can start a hobby-related conversation or topic, it stays in coed.

Stupidity gets moved, from what I understand. Things like, "I have a new number!!", "Who likes my pics?!?!?" or, "I dropped my phone in the toilet!" will probably be in the litter..I mean, Sandbox.
The modtard team patrols Co-ed and redirects obvious threADs to more appropriate forums. However, I am still looking for some I have started.
I think the mods are either closing the threAD or moving it to the appropriate forum.

To me, these threADs are a big turn off and I would prefer they get deleted. Too many times these threADs perceive the provider as desperate and an attention whore. There's no way of stopping it but maybe if we guys show our displeasure with them they would come to an end.
I think the mods are either closing the threAD or moving it to the appropriate forum.

To me, these threADs are a big turn off and I would prefer they get deleted. Too many times these threADs perceive the provider as desperate and an attention whore. There's no way of stopping it but maybe if we guys show our displeasure with them they would come to an end. Originally Posted by er48665
Blame ownership. Mods just do what they are told. They are just messengers and tend to take all the heat for shit that the owners decide upon.

That's a very kum-by-yah way to look at it, but in all reality, for every ONE of you who hates threADS, there are ten who love them.

Just ask Tiger Woods.

There is a market for everything, even lame-ass ads.
Blame ownership. Mods just do what they are told. They are just messengers and tend to take all the heat for shit that the owners decide upon.

That's a very kum-by-yah way to look at it, but in all reality, for every ONE of you who hates threADS, there are ten who love them.

Just ask Tiger Woods.

There is a market for everything, even lame-ass ads. Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie

A provider with 2864 posts could be threAD'n in her own way.
As long as they include pics of naked breasts I can put up with a few thread ads
As long as they include pics of taint I can put up with a few thread ads Originally Posted by OldButStillGoing

Fixed that for you.
Pyramider, thoughtful as always. How about pics of both?
That thread is in the Dallas Sandbox. Originally Posted by BigOldZero
thanks BOZ. i guess i am not officially losing it - just in my own mind. btw i will stay thirsty, my friend...

appreciate the work of the mods as always.
A provider with 2864 posts could be threAD'n in her own way. Originally Posted by Tiger Woods
Could be. I've also been here for over 3 years (that's about 2 posts/day..most, in multiple private forums you are not a part of) and if you counted my ASPD posts, you'd really be blown away! Oh the humanity!

Difference between me and your 'type' of gal would be, I don't post unless I have something to contribute that is multisyllabic... and I am literate.

Bummer.

Anyway, you love that sort of thing, so why are you complaining? I know you want me but geez.....
It's not gonna happen . I kan reed.
If the lady knows how to cover up her advertising well, and she can start a hobby-related conversation or topic, it stays in coed. Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie
Yes agreed, there have been so many of those, so hated, so loved.
Yes agreed, there have been so many of those, so hated, so loved. Originally Posted by fletch
I'd go out on a limb and say the most hated are the most loved. I know I am!

Love us or hate us, me or anyone else, no one is really hurting for business (at least not over here ), so threADS are kinda stupid right now, really. Two weekly ads are way more than I've ever needed (it's almost excessive), Ijs.

TW, say 'excessive', ten times - fast! Heh.

Also:
I am, for one, glad they decided to move the stupid Happy Birthday threADS to the litt...Sandbox...SANDBOX! Just my .02 on that topic if anyone was wondering
I'd go out on a limb and say the most hated are the most loved. I know I am!

Love us or hate us, me or anyone else, no one is really hurting for business (at least not over here ).

I am, for one, glad they decided to move the stupid Happy Birthday threADS to the litt...Sandbox...SANDBOX! Just my .02 on that topic if anyone was wondering Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie
don't know you, definitely not referring to you or trying to start shit with you. i don't hate anyone. just hate looking at self-promoting bs in a forum that is supposed to discuss topics that should be of some sort of interest.

i will say this in the last three weeks it has been better. <eom>