I get called Asshole a lot... actually get called all kinds of names... When is it appropriate to simply call a gal a Cunt? We know some really are at times.

I have a habit of defending my viewpoints in a manner that often times results in the other side having nothing to add of substance and they simply resort to name calling.....

I get baited into heated discussions on occasions.... Sometimes I'm doing the baiting....

And the end result is that the other side often goes juvenile and starts with the name calling.....

But I do get it....

At times there is no way to really describe someone other then with an expletive.....

Without sinking into name calling....

In your opinion.....

When is a gal TRULY being a Cunt?

No names... No actual examples using any of the ladies around here.... Just a good ole fashion discussion on semantics and juvenile antics!

Yes... By the way.... I do know I am being a bit of an ass here! But who else CAN I ask? We all share common interests and should be able to discuss such things in an adult manner.
If you get called asshole is because you probably are , don't you think so ?
And how many useless threads are you going to open in the COED section? You are acting like a spammer now ...
Can't help you on this. I have no point of reference, as I don't know that there is an equitable word that applies to men. SOB, Asshole, Dickhead, Fucking Asshole, just don't get close to the implications of the C word. See, I can't even bring myself to type it. In all my years, I think I've only used it in one scenario. It was after my ex had us in counseling classes to "save the marriage" because she just knew I was fucking around. Turns out, she was the one fucking everything that walked and it took the therapist forcing her to come clean because she kept accusing me in sessions and the therapist knew better. I let it fly right there and then. Seemed appropriate at the time. To me, it is an ugly, ugly word.

F1, if it bothers you so much, just put him on your ignore list. Built-in spam filter. We all have our own definition of spam. For me, its folks getting involved in a thread they aren't interested in, just to say they aren't interested in it.
It is never appropriate..... it may make you feel better... but is never "appropriate".

LF
+1

Some interesting tidbits on this in Wikipedia here, specifically if you scroll down to the Usage by Meaning>Other Uses section. Apparently it is a quite acceptable term Down Under, for this area down under.
Can't help you on this. I have no point of reference, as I don't know that there is an equitable word that applies to men. SOB, Asshole, Dickhead, Fucking Asshole, just don't get close to the implications of the C word. See, I can't even bring myself to type it. In all my years, I think I've only used it in one scenario. It was after my ex had us in counseling classes to "save the marriage" because she just knew I was fucking around. Turns out, she was the one fucking everything that walked and it took the therapist forcing her to come clean because she kept accusing me in sessions and the therapist knew better. I let it fly right there and then. Seemed appropriate at the time. To me, it is an ugly, ugly word.

F1, if it bothers you so much, just put him on your ignore list. Built-in spam filter. We all have our own definition of spam. For me, its folks getting involved in a thread they aren't interested in, just to say they aren't interested in it. Originally Posted by ThatHarleyGuy
ThatHarleyGuy , I think he is old enough to defend himself so why do you have to do it for him ?
I mean it is very annoying to open the Coed section and see that there are 5 or 6 threads opened by the same guy with the same BS topics that he always talk about ( stripper , luncheons and socials ) and trying to lecture everyone how are they supposed to behave
At the same time everytime that someone doesn't agree with his BS , an army of his "buddies" show up very quickly to defend their master , c'mon guys ,get your own personality and opinion FFS ....
And how many useless threads are you going to open in the COED section? You are acting like a spammer now ... Originally Posted by F1 Fan

But I think there are a few more than just the ones I'm starting...

I've pretty much stayed out of CoEd for a while to see what would develop.... Almost a month for the most part I think....

But 12 seems like a good number....
ThatHarleyGuy , I think he is old enough to defend himself so why do you have to do it for him ?
I mean it is very annoying to open the Coed section and see that there are 5 or 6 threads opened by the same guy with the same BS topics that he always talk about ( stripper , luncheons and socials ) and trying to lecture everyone how are they supposed to behave
At the same time everytime that someone doesn't agree with his BS , an army of his "buddies" show up very quickly to defend their master , c'mon guys ,get your own personality and opinion FFS .... Originally Posted by F1 Fan
You mis-understand. I was not defending him. In fact I read only about 1/3 of his posts. I scan only enough to determine if it is of interest to me. If not, I move on and don't return to it.

My comment was directed to you, not in defense of him. You are succeeding in accomplishing what I find to be very annoying to open the Coed section and see that there are 5 or 6 threads (your words) getting totally sidetracked by someone arguing that the post isn't interesting to them, and then keeping up the protest to the point that the thread is totally hijacked to now be about the protestor.

Not interested? Skip the thread. Don't sidetrack it. Want a thread to bitch about useless threads? Start one. Don't hijack someone elses thread about something that interests them, and so far at least 2 other persons.

Ge a gentlemen. Bow out gracefully. Then start yet another thread bitching about another member's posts. We could cut the bandwidth used by Austin by a fourth if we eliminated the posts of members complaining about each other. It's not what I'm on this site for, and I'll bet you didn't come here for that either. Just let me buy you a beer and talk about women.
BDSM role-play situations sometimes are acceptable for name calling. So, get a date w/ the chic so you can call her a cunt.

ROFLMAO
Kat, that's just wrong. But funny as hell!
When is a gal TRULY being a Cunt?

. Originally Posted by Whispers
when you are breaking up with them
  • PeAcH
  • 11-08-2010, 11:00 PM
Name-calling anyone in a derogatory manner is unnecessary.. regardless what the word is.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all."

The internet can be a ruthless place sometimes.
So can the real world; I see more name-calling online than I have ever heard outside my house, or inside my house for that manner..

Let the BSDM folks take that kind of talk into the bedroom.
Really, its just another word. You give it's meaning power. It will only offend you if you let it. With that said. It is so commonly offends people that I never use it.

An Australian comedian , I believe his name is Jim Jeffries, has a bit about how it's not really that offensive in his country and used often. That to them the term "motherfucker" is absolutely horrible.
Well...it is what it is. Me, I am a Cunt with a Capital C! Itr ok to say it if u have the balls and if its on target. But, being a Cunt myself, that word begins wholly Hell to follow. We are worthy adversaries. Good luck with that .
Really, its just another word. You give it's meaning power. It will only offend you if you let it. With that said. It is so commonly offends people that I never use it.

An Australian comedian , I believe his name is Jim Jeffries, has a bit about how it's not really that offensive in his country and used often. That to them the term "motherfucker" is absolutely horrible. Originally Posted by discretionaryincome
Name-calling anyone in a derogatory manner is unnecessary.. regardless what the word is.-- PeAcH

It's all about the context, absolutely! Not too many years ago, though more than most of the current provider list would be aware of, there was a "Monger" board who commonly referred to providers as "whores". Tongue-in-cheek may not be everyone's preferred style of humor, but it's a way of poking fun at really harsh topics rather than let them incite us to anger. Yes, it would be nice if our world had more innocence, but after generations of becoming more and more numb to the horrors, it's simply the most effective method of decreasing the impact of a negative influence.

Now quit being slutty whorebags, wenchitistical ho's, and cocky bastards before I get my flogger after your asses!!!

*AHEM*

Excuse me! Guess my Tourette's got the best of me for a moment.