GM points

Just thought I would throw this out in case anyone is interested. I have a little over 2300.00 in GM dollars. These are rewards from my GM credit card. They can be used toward. the purchase or lease of a new GM vehicle. I have the old style card which means there is no cap to the amount one can use. So you could us all 2300. I would assume sell them to someone as I have no immediate plans to get a GM. I looking for 1100. This would double ones down payment. You can also combine it with any other offers. PM if interested. The way it works is I add you as an authorized user but you do not get a card. I only need your name and nothing else. Then you redeem them. As soon s you redeem them I remove you from my account.
Private info is required to be given up. A bad idea whose time has come.
Good point.
Hey Knucklehead! Those points can only be used on the purchase of a vehicle that is titled in the name of the point owner......
Hey Knucklehead! Those points can only be used on the purchase of a vehicle that is titled in the name of the point owner...... Originally Posted by Bobster36

Authorized users can also redeem them. I checked with Capital One before posting. They can also be used to lease.
I have over 25000 points on mine. Wish I could figure a way to use them for play.
First of all........apologize for the "hey Knucklehead". That was uncalled for.

Secondly, I tried this about 5 years ago at the dealership and they wouldn't do it for an someone that was an authorized user but NOT the accountholder.

Maybe their rules have changed. I think it was HSBC back then.

Authorized users can also redeem them. I checked with Capital One before posting. They can also be used to lease. Originally Posted by Sean1980
There is a reason these cards have 20 pages of fine print terms.
I used my parents points for my down payment in 2010 at Freedom Chevy. They always buy Ford but carry a GM card - no idea why but I was grateful for the gift.
I work for a GM dealership, and Sean is right.... He only has to add the person as a authorized user.... And only for long enough to claim the points... Then he can remove their name from the account. This applies to any and all cards. Also, there is a "top off" promotion going on.... And they might even have rounded the points off to $3k or more. Whatever dealer you choose to use can find out if your points were "topped off". Feel free to PM if you have any questions!
I work for a GM dealership, and Sean is right.... He only has to add the person as a authorized user.... And only for long enough to claim the points... Then he can remove their name from the account. This applies to any and all cards. Also, there is a "top off" promotion going on.... And they might even have rounded the points off to $3k or more. Whatever dealer you choose to use can find out if your points were "topped off". Feel free to PM if you have any questions! Originally Posted by knuckles22
So I could buy my sugar baby a car with my GM points?
um... i buy points for a living. I cannot buy GM points but can buy any other points you may have

My problem with my GM points is they limit it to 1500 per car or so, unless you want to buy an Escalade.