Treetop

Why has treetops not been banned for his inflammatory statements, generalization and insults
  • ztonk
  • 06-30-2019, 04:04 PM
I feel like I've answered this question before, but I will give it another try:

The moderating staff issues bans to members for blatant misconduct, such as posting personal information about a member, threats of outing or violence, multiple handles, personal attacks, etc. Bans are rarely permanent but depending on the offense, they can be.

Violations of the rules result in a member getting a warning or infraction points. If a member earns too many infraction points, the system automatically bans them for 90 days. This is the most common way "troublesome" members get banned - through repeated violations of the rules.

Having unpopular opinions is not a violation. See The Political Forum for examples.

If you see a post that you feel violates the rules, report it to the staff by clicking the Repost Post icon (). These reports are seen by staff and action will be taken, if appropriate.

ztonk
A poster like Treetop should be treated like an ad. Don't pay any attention to it, and it will quickly and quietly dwindle off.