Is Texas/Dallas BBQ better than Kansas City’s?!

Hey Guys!

I’ll be back in Dallas this next weekend! Does anyone have any recommendations for some amazing BBQ? Obviously I’m from Kansas City where we also do BBQ. However, I’m not opposed to trying others. Maybe my mind could be changed that KC has the best… lol

I hope to see some old friends and make new ones ☺️.

See you all soon,

Ellie A

Try 'The Railhead' off of Montgomery St. in Fort Worth. Mind you, it's Stock Show & Rodeo time in Fort Worth so The Railhead is going to be more crowded than usual.
Smokey John's BBQ in downtown Dallas is wonderful.
  • chzar
  • 01-16-2023, 07:55 AM
I've been to KC many time and love Arthur Bryants BBQ. The best BBQ in dallas is ten 50 in Richardson, #2 is Hutchins BBQ in McKinney.
Hurtaodos (sp)
Have heard good things about this place. From the looks of the plates you won't go hungry.
On my list next time I am up that way.
There's Pecan Lodge and Terry Black's in Deep Ellum. If you are undecided they are across the street from each other. I just ate a sandwich from Pecan Lodge on Friday and it was truly melt-in-your-mouth, and the MacNCheese was decadent.
Ellie_AlexandraXXX, in what part of the dallas area will you be staying (dfw is 60+ miles from far east to far west, and about 40-60+ miles north to south).

There's Pecan Lodge and Terry Black's in Deep Ellum. If you are undecided they are across the street from each other. I just ate a sandwich from Pecan Lodge on Friday and it was truly melt-in-your-mouth, and the MacNCheese was decadent. Originally Posted by Eudemon
not exactly across the street but close by 3 blks.
Pecan Lodge is at 2702 Main St, Dallas, TX 75226
Terry Black's is at 3025 Main St, Dallas, TX 75226
No. KC BBQ is better and I've from and live in the Dallas area. I can admit it. But there are areas of Texas that compete with KC like Lockhart. They have Kreuz Market and other competing BBQ places that are really good
Texas is better by a mile.

Pecan Lodge and Slow Bone. Goldie’s if you have time to drive an hour each way. If you have four hours each way, Louie Mueller’s in Taylor or Franklin’s in Austin. .
Pecan Lodge is great down in Deep Ellum, and if you have any room left slide next door to Emporium Pies for dessert.
LMAO girrlll you play too damn much if you think KC > TX ��
Way better
Pecan Lodge has been the best I have had in Dallas. The best I have had in the state is Snow's down in Lexington.
  • slap
  • 01-18-2023, 04:33 PM
Jeez what happened to bbq being a poor man’s food. Almost all the bbq joints charge $30 a lb now. Cost an arm and a leg if you wanna leave full
+1 to Terry Black's in Deep Ellum...never been to Pecan Lodge but I have only heard good things.

If you are up in the Frisco/Plano area, Tender Smokehouse is a good spot, try the jalapeno sausage too. It might not be life changing good, but it's the best I have had in that area w/o having to drive into DT Dallas.