The US is Lost at Sea

The Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) is a disaster. We know Obama supports it, so we have to rely on the Senate to defeat it. God help us!

http://www.blacklistednews.com/LOST_...38/38/Y/M.html

Interesting...the UN is trying to get control of the Internet too. I saw another article in addition to not just gaining control over the Internet but it's possible that they will be taxing it as well.
This is exactly why elections count, every election. When Obama and the democrats lose this November they have 3 months to pass anything including this travesty before power is taken from them. They should never have been elected in 2008 or 2010. Read Dick Morris. There are a number of treaties that Obama supports but can't get past the senate. What happens when you have 5-9 angry, bitter democrats leaving office?
What is Romney's position on LOST? I know he is in favor of NDAA and CISPA, but I haven't heard his position on LOST,
Why don't you report on the rest of the story.

The US Navy and Joint Chiefs of Staff forcefully repeat to Congressional committees that LOST is crucial to the success of US military operations.

The US Navy contends that LOST will preserve American freedom of transit in dangerous waters, such as the Strait of Hormuz and the South China Sea.
Panetta retorts: “How can we argue that other nations must abide by international rules when we haven’t officially accepted those rules?”

For decades, admirals have warned that the US cannot guarantee navigational rights without ratification of LOST through Congress.

I guess COG knows better than the US Navy and the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
You have the same limp-wrist ideology as Obama.
Fuck them; we ARE the United States of America.
What do you mean "We" kimosabe?

. . . Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

You have the same limp-wrist ideology as Obama.
Fuck them; we ARE the United States of America. Originally Posted by The2Dogs
I can see why the Navy is for it,but I don't think you have to worry about the support in the senate.LOL
If you had reported the rest of your rant Louise you would have said that we already have a defacto treaty with our freedom of the seas cruises. What is buried in the legislation is that little 7% tax to benefit the countries that don't even have a coastline.
Why don't you try reading.

For decades, admirals have warned that the US cannot guarantee navigational rights without ratification of LOST through Congress.
Notice where is says "For decades" this has been around for a long time and the Navy has pushed hard for it. You cannot say it is all Obama because it was here before he got here.
  • CJ7
  • 06-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Why don't you try reading.

Notice where is says "For decades" this has been around for a long time and the Navy has pushed hard for it. You cannot say it is all Obama because it was here before he got here. Originally Posted by BigLouie

sure the idiots can, its what they do best

Which admirals, Louise? I have never heard anyone state that turning over much of our sovereignty to the UN is good for us.
sure the idiots can, its what they do best

Originally Posted by CJ7
Fuck the UN....This will NOT happen. Fuck THE UNITED NATION's. FUCK any GD (so called) American piece of shit that would let this happen...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/...erica-economy/

CBJ7 Fuck you too...OK I feel better now...Not really FUCK Ozombies...
The Law of the Sea Treaty (LOST) is a disaster. We know Obama supports it, so we have to rely on the Senate to defeat it. God help us!

http://www.blacklistednews.com/LOST_...38/38/Y/M.html

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
What aspect of the LOST do you oppose, pray tell? Is it Part XI and mineral rights? If so, we excepted to that, didn't we? I haven't looked at that in years, but that was the only part we had any problems with, as I recall.
I'm opposed to anything that grants more authority to the UN.