Can you judge a person's intelligence by their appearance?

Do people with a certain hair color, eye color, even a certain shade of skin color portray a higher level of intelligence to you?

Or how about the way they are put together in terms of their clothing, hair style, etc ...? Ex: the term "dressing smart"

Whether they look younger or older? Whether they smile often?

Whether they speak softly or loud? Whether they appear to be more introverted or extroverted?
Introverts are much smarter. Read the book 'Quiet'.
No.
Sometimes, it's obvious.

• rrath
  • 06-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Possible, looks come from how and what a person likes or dislikes, the way a person dresses or how they do their hair has a lot and says a lot about the person. People watching is a new art, try it some time.
Introverts are much smarter. Read the book 'Quiet'. Originally Posted by essence
I've read it. Great book. I'm an introvert that enjoys "playing" an extrovert, hey it's the only way to gain a normal social life lol! And you do Need interaction with other people as part of a healthy life.

Sometimes I roleplay the extrovert so well, most people describe me as "bubbly". I'm a bubbly introvert lol

And yes I've always judged more quieter 'subtle' people to be highly smart. Quiet intelligence. Like what secrets are they keeping???

From my experience, growing up as a very quiet kid made ppl assume I was stuck up or snobby. I have no idea why it made ppl so uncomfortable as to even want to hate me because I wasn't a loudmouth drama queen

Possible, looks come from how and what a person likes or dislikes, the way a person dresses or how they do their hair has a lot and says a lot about the person. People watching is a new art, try it some time. Originally Posted by rrath
Yes I love observing in typical stalker fashion. I just look look and look
when someone catches my eye... for whatever reason

Someone actually wrote in my reviews once that it was "odd" how I observed everything when I was at his place. WTF. I don't live blindly, I like to be aware of my environment thank you! People need to wake up and start noticing whats happenin !
You can observe a lot just by watching. - Yogi Berra
You can observe a lot just by watching. - Yogi Berra Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I think that's my favorite Berra quote!

He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious.
Yogi Berra

I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.
Yogi Berra

Through the years, I have developed and tweaked a system where I can tell you how intelligent a person is just by their appearance, their face structure, their way of walking, their manner of speaking and by the light in their eyes.

However, my system still is only about 98% accurate, and I'm working on the last 2% which is the hardest to fine-tune.

. . . Sometimes super intelligent people can slip under the radar of my system and somehow appear to be total idiots to me!

Up to a point maybe so. Too bad her points are covered up though.

I've been tempted to rip off Obama Biden stickers before, but not as much as now!
Do people with a certain hair color, eye color, even a certain shade of skin color portray a higher level of intelligence to you?

Or how about the way they are put together in terms of their clothing, hair style, etc ...? Ex: the term "dressing smart"

Whether they look younger or older? Whether they smile often?

Whether they speak softly or loud? Whether they appear to be more introverted or extroverted? Originally Posted by Zabrina Sarafina
WARNING! WARNING! DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

Your current trajectory will take you directly into Politically Incorrect Speech and Thoughtcrime.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Read "The Bell Curve". The answer you seek is in there. Mentioning the answer in public, however, is likely to get you tarred, feathered, and ridden out of town on a rail by the Politically Correct People.