Fundraisers Switching from Obama to Romney

Not good news for the President. He is losing support from the rich.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...ey-backer.html

the people can't elect anyone now the billionaires do.
For several months it was assumed that Obama was going to raise a billion dollars in his presidential campaign. It was assumed that he was going to have a huge economic advantage over his opponent. Main stream media was perfectly happy with that scenario. Liberals only complain, about the corrupting influence of money in politics, when they have less than their opponent.
anyone can complain about the amount of money being donated to each side now.If you can't see what outside money is doing to all races you are blind,or just gloating because you have more companys and billionaires on your side.
anyone can complain about the amount of money being donated to each side now.If you can't see what outside money is doing to all races you are blind,or just gloating because you have more companys and billionaires on your side. Originally Posted by ekim008
Liberals weren't complaining about money until it became clear that Romney was going to raise as much money as Obama. When they thought Obama was going to have a lot more money than his opponent, they didn't complain. If the situation had been reversed, the libs would have gone berserk.
i am complaining about both sides
  • Laz
  • 06-16-2012, 10:11 AM
That is fine except Obama hated the fund raising advantage right up until the advantage was in his favor. Then it was OK to raise all of that money.
The drama of high office always rivets the attention of an entire nation.

President Obama decided at the start of his first election to forgo matching government contributions in order to free himself of all their regulations.

It was a bold move, but it worked well and he ran a well financed campaign like a well-oiled machine. No Drama Obama.

Now, the super-rich are worried that he might win again with that tactic and so they came up with super pacs which allow slime balls like Adelson and Goldman Sacs to plunk down millions of dollars like it was chump change to support Romney.

Frankly, I had expected a landslide victory for President Obama at first, but now I expect the race to be much closer, although I still expect him to win.

. . . In past Presidential elections, swing states like Ohio and Florida would decide the election, but maybe Europe will be play a decisive role in November.
The drama of high office always rivets the attention of an entire nation.

President Obama decided at the start of his first election to forgo matching government contributions in order to free himself of all their regulations.

It was a bold move, but it worked well and he ran a well financed campaign like a well-oiled machine. No Drama Obama.

Now, the super-rich are worried that he might win again with that tactic and so they came up with super pacs which allow slime balls like Adelson and Goldman Sacs to plunk down millions of dollars like it was chump change to support Romney.

Frankly, I had expected a landslide victory for President Obama at first, but now I expect the race to be much closer, although I still expect him to win.

. . . In past Presidential elections, swing states like Ohio and Florida would decide the election, but maybe Europe will be play a decisive role in November.
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
Fast Cum you have your head so far up Odumbo's ass you can't see the truth.

Odumbo's 2008 donors

$1,013,091 . Goldman Sachs
$852,167. . . Microsoft Corp
$814,540. . . Google Inc
$808,799. . . JPMorgan Chase & Co
$736,771. . . Citigroup Inc
$532,674. . . UBS AG
$512,232 . . .Morgan Stanley
*** Sigh ***

Maybe some fine day you will rent a full-size brain or borrow one that actually works.

I would say that it appears that some rich people are hedging their bets!

. . . I would explain the concept to the riff-raff, but I doubt you'd grasp the abstract anyway.

FastGoon, your Obama worship is cute. Facts be damned!
*** Sigh ***

Maybe some fine day you will rent a full-size brain or borrow one that actually works.

I would say that it appears that some rich people are hedging their bets!

. . . I would explain the concept to the riff-raff, but I doubt you'd grasp the abstract anyway.

Originally Posted by Fast Gunn
You're so damn funny, Fast Cum. Goldman Sachs hedged their bets, ODUMBO TOOK THEIR MONEY!

Odumbo is bought and paid for.