The Debit Ceiling

Power hungry Republicans will always put the well-being of the country behind their carnivorous quest for power.

Of course, they will always cloak their real motives and continue to use deception as their primary strategy, but gaining power is their usual goal.

. . . President Obama must continue to find ways to overcome these obstacles in order to lead this country back to prosperity.

Louise proves that he can't think once again. In 2007 and 2008 Bush was president but the GOP was starting to get ansy about the debt. Didn't point that out did you or did you even know that Bush was president then which pretty much destroys your assertion. In fact it looks like the GOP was voting for the debt increase in response to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan which is understandable.
Of course comparing Bush spending to Obama spending is like a couple on a budget. The man wants to buy some new shoes for him and his wife. They both agree to this little bit spending. The next store she wants to buy mink coats for both of them and he balks at this spending. Face it Louise, you're a loser when it comes to thinking logically.

One last thing, Obama and the democrats have not passed one single budget since taking office. This country is running on spending increases and not a constitutional budget.
BigLouise, what is a "debit" ceiling? As long as debits and credits equal, your financial statement will balance. I'm not aware of a ceiling on "debits".

If you are speaking of the debt ceiling, and calling the Republicans hypocrites for supporting raising it for Bush, but not for Obama, remember, Obama opposed raising the debt ceiling for Bush.

Also remember the following:

1. The National Debt is already unsustainable. We simply can't raise it much more without triggering hyperinflation.
2. Republicans are idiots.
3. Democrats are idiots.
4. The only lasting resolution to this crisis is to refuse to elect another Republican or Democrat to any office ever again.
I disagree with number 4. We have to elect the right person to office whether they are a republican or democrat. The truth is that it is more likely to be a conservative republican than a democrat of any sort.
We don't have to limit ourselves to Democrats or Republicans. That's a lie promoted by the elitists who benefit from the system as it is. If we are going to get out of this crisis, we have to look elsewhere. Democrats and Republicans caused and are prolonging this crisis. They will not fix it.
I disagree with number 4. We have to elect the right person to office whether they are a republican or democrat. The truth is that it is more likely to be a conservative republican than a democrat of any sort. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
And just what is that going to accomplish? History has shown that the party in power will NOT stop raising the debit ceiling. That it will be business as usual. You are a fool if you think electing a conservative republican is going to stop spending or stop raising the debit ceiling.
I wonder what Louis knows about history when he pastes an inaccurate graphic. Calvin Coolidge, a Republican, spent less than the government took in revenues every year of his presidency. In other words, Coolidge had a surplus.
I wonder what Louis knows about history when he pastes an inaccurate graphic. Calvin Coolidge, a Republican, spent less than the government took in revenues every year of his presidency. In other words, Coolidge had a surplus. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You have to go all the way back to Coolidge, really. That is the best you can do. That is your sole rebuttal? You are a bigger fool than I thought.
And just what is that going to accomplish? History has shown that the party in power will NOT stop raising the debit ceiling. That it will be business as usual. You are a fool if you think electing a conservative republican is going to stop spending or stop raising the debit ceiling. Originally Posted by BigLouie
Well, I wouldn't call JD a fool, but otherwise, Louise is right. If we elect the Democrat or Republican candidate, spending will continue to increase, until it reaches critical mass, and the economy collapses. Our only hope is to elect someone who is not a Democrat or Republican.

That won't happen, because the Democrat and Republican dominated media keep repeating the mantra that only a Democrat or Republican can get elected.