Now Confirmed: Senile Biden instigated corrupt FBI/DOJ probe of Trump, his likely political opponent in 2024

Long before it professed no prior knowledge of the raid on Donald Trump's estate, the Biden White House worked directly with the Justice Department and National Archives to instigate the criminal probe into alleged mishandling of documents, allowing the FBI to review evidence retrieved from Mar-a-Lago this spring and eliminating the 45th president's claims to executive privilege, according to contemporaneous government documents reviewed by Just the News.

The memos show then-White House Deputy Counsel Jonathan Su was engaged in conversations with the FBI, DOJ and National Archives as early as April, shortly after 15 boxes of classified and other materials were voluntarily returned to the federal historical agency from Trump's Florida home.

By May, Su conveyed to the Archives that President Joe Biden would not object to waiving his predecessor's claims to executive privilege, a decision that opened the door for DOJ to get a grand jury to issue a subpoena compelling Trump to turn over any remaining materials he possessed from his presidency.

The machinations are summarized in several memos and emails exchanged between the various agencies in spring 2022, months before the FBI took the added unprecedented step of raiding Trump's Florida compound with a court-issued search warrant.

The memos provide the most definitive evidence to date of the current White House's effort to facilitate a criminal probe of the man Joe Biden beat in the 2020 election and may face again as a challenger in 2024. That involvement included eliminating one of the legal defenses Trump might use to fight the FBI over access to his documents.

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), the ranking Republican on the House Judiciary Committee and the committee's likely chairman if the GOP win control of Congress in November, called the Biden White House's involvement and privilege waiver "amazing news" with implications for past and future presidents.

"Look, the left, they've been out to get President Trump because President Trump's a threat to the clique, to the swamp, to the bureaucracy, to the deep state," Jordan told the "Just the News, Not Noise" television show Tuesday night. "Whatever term you want to use. And they all know it.

"That's why they were out to get him before he was in office, and they set up the whole Russia collusion hoax. It's why they tried to get him while he was in office. And of course, obviously they continue to do so now that he's left. It's just never going to end."

Alan Dershowitz, the famed Harvard law professor emeritus and lifelong Democrat, reviewed some of the correspondence at Just the News' request. He said the Biden White House's eagerness to waive Trump's claims of privilege could have future implications for generations of presidents to come.

"I was very surprised," Dershowitz said after reading the text of Wall's letter. "The current president should not be able to waive the executive privilege of a predecessor, without the consent of the former president. Otherwise, [privilege] means nothing. What president will ever discuss anything in private if he knows the man who beat him can and will disclose it."

While some courts have upheld the notion of a successor president waiving privilege for a predecessor, Dershowitz said the matter remains to be decided definitively by the U.S. Supreme Court.

"The best thinking is that an incumbent president cannot waive the right of the previous president," he said in a phone interview with Just the News. "It would make a mockery of the whole notion of privilege."

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...against-trump?
Remember - the Senile Biden White House claimed “no knowledge” of this

THEY LIED ONCE AGAIN.
Making me think- if the current POTUS can waive the rights, whats to prevent the next POTUS from doing the same to Biden?
Making me think- if the current POTUS can waive the rights, whats to prevent the next POTUS from doing the same to Biden? Originally Posted by DrivesAllDay
Exactly - this is why it is unprecedented, scary and potentially illegal

Alan Dershowitz: “The current president should not be able to waive the executive privilege of a predecessor, without the consent of the former president. Otherwise it (privilege) means nothing."
It took less than 10 days to find out Senile Biden not only knew of and approved the raid, but personally stripped executive privilege from Trump.

Senile Biden lied.
It was purely political.
This is a banana republic bullshit.
from the referenced post:
"I have therefore decided not to honor the former President's 'protective' claim of privilege," acting National Archivist Debra Steidel Wall wrote Trump's team in May.

That would explain the sudden increase in requests for the materials to be returned, and while Trump was poorly informed on declassification of documents, thinking he could just say so, and it was done, is proof, even by this website that this is INDEED NOT how declassification works. The fact that docs are not stamped declassified is another tip-off that things are not done/ were not done according to the rules. I'd suggest that stupidity and lack of knowledge of a law works for a defense. That said, if they are back in the proper hands of custody, I really don't think they should persue an ex president for this further. It seems to simply add fuel to an already hot fire about persecution etc. The DOJ should publicly say " now that the documents are in hand, we are closing the books on the case".
So let's get this straight. Trump took the normal action of claiming executive privilege over documents.

Then Biden took the radical step of retroactively waiving that privilege so the DOJ could snap in place a criminal investigation against his political opponent?

Banana Republic bullshit by Senile Biden
No. The point I was making was that although Trump tried to claim that this was declassified information hence his privilege, that the person who had to grant that with somebody who was responsible for the classified information and said they are not interested, and therefore did not Grant the declassification. At least that's the way I read it
from the referenced post:
"I have therefore decided not to honor the former President's 'protective' claim of privilege," acting National Archivist Debra Steidel Wall wrote Trump's team in May.

That would explain the sudden increase in requests for the materials to be returned, and while Trump was poorly informed on declassification of documents, thinking he could just say so, and it was done, is proof, even by this website that this is INDEED NOT how declassification works. The fact that docs are not stamped declassified is another tip-off that things are not done/ were not done according to the rules. I'd suggest that stupidity and lack of knowledge of a law works for a defense. That said, if they are back in the proper hands of custody, I really don't think they should persue an ex president for this further. It seems to simply add fuel to an already hot fire about persecution etc. The DOJ should publicly say " now that the documents are in hand, we are closing the books on the case". Originally Posted by eyecu2
... Nope... That's a decent sentiment by you, mate.
But I'd rather debate this whole matter in court
and show just how corrupt the "weaponized" FBI/DOJ
has been persecuting President Trump - for over 6 years.

Wouldn't want the American people to miss anything.

#### Salty
No. The point I was making was that although Trump tried to claim that this was declassified information hence his privilege, that the person who had to grant that with somebody who was responsible for the classified information and said they are not interested, and therefore did not Grant the declassification. At least that's the way I read it Originally Posted by eyecu2
You do realize these are two different things, don't you

* Declassification of Documents
* Executive Privilege

Apparently not as it seems you are confused and conflating the two. This thread is about Executive Privilege and Senile Biden taking the unprecedented step to claim to waive it on behalf of his predecessor. Has nothing to do with declassification of documents

As noted constitutional lawyer Alan Dershowitz said "I was very surprised," Dershowitz said after reading the text of Wall's letter. "The current president should not be able to waive the executive privilege of a predecessor, without the consent of the former president. Otherwise, [privilege] means nothing. What president will ever discuss anything in private if he knows the man who beat him can and will disclose it."

"The best thinking is that an incumbent president cannot waive the right of the previous president," he said in a phone interview with Just the News. "It would make a mockery of the whole notion of privilege."