Overhaulin'

If you could have an old car "Overhauled" by Chip Foose on his TV show, what car would you have him take and what would you wish he would do to it?
  • Mokoa
  • 11-17-2012, 02:27 PM
A 1979 Pontiac Bonneville.

I had one that was quite similar to this one...

I would just love to have one again like it just rolled off the assembly line.

I'm in the process of restoring a 1979 Jeep CJ7 that was completly stock when I bought it. It's a fun project and I love driving it around town and giving that "Jeep Wave" to fellow Jeep owners. You don't see a lot of CJ's on the road anymore and mine looks like a Tonka Toy compared to the newer ones. I've been trying to attach a picture of it from "My Picture Library" but no such luck, so I changed my avatar so you all could see what it looks like. Classic vehicles rock...
69/70 Road Runner Pro Tour w/ Twin Turbo 440
OR
70 Camaro Pro Tour w/ Duramax Diesel
OR
Rat Rod with a 3 cyl diesel
  • savak
  • 11-17-2012, 09:44 PM
I'm in the process of restoring a 1979 Jeep CJ7 that was completly stock when I bought it. It's a fun project and I love driving it around town and giving that "Jeep Wave" to fellow Jeep owners. You don't see a lot of CJ's on the road anymore and mine looks like a Tonka Toy compared to the newer ones. I've been trying to attach a picture of it from "My Picture Library" but no such luck, so I changed my avatar so you all could see what it looks like. Classic vehicles rock... Originally Posted by othg292g

Dude, I swear to gawd. You know what's funny is that people wave to me all the time when I'm driving my 2008 JK Unlimited, but I don't ever bother waving back or initiating the wave myself. Owning a Jeep Wrangler really is like a "brotherhood" or something.

I do plan on upgrading my JK like a BAWS one day, fender flares, replacement rear and front bumpers, new tires, suspension lift, black-power coat side-bars, rocket-launchers, automated machine-gun turrets, armor-plating, and sound system with GIGA-Watt Sound system to FUCK ALL.

for now, I love my baby the way it is

But wouldn't mind having Chip upgrade my Jeep. Please Foose, please!!!
Funny!!
I have 4 that I would love to have restored. Or even better my 1st 3 cars would be great to have back. 1967 Chevy Nova, 1964 Chevy Pickup, 1970 Buick Rivera. Miss them all.
But, the 4 I'm working on.... 1946 Ford Coupe, 1972 GMC 3/4 ton and 1978 Camero Z28 w/T-tops, 1962 Ford Futura(4-door). Now, if I could just stop hobbyin LOL.
Dude, I swear to gawd. You know what's funny is that people wave to me all the time when I'm driving my 2008 JK Unlimited, but I don't ever bother waving back or initiating the wave myself. Owning a Jeep Wrangler really is like a "brotherhood" or something.

I do plan on upgrading my JK like a BAWS one day, fender flares, replacement rear and front bumpers, new tires, suspension lift, black-power coat side-bars, rocket-launchers, automated machine-gun turrets, armor-plating, and sound system with GIGA-Watt Sound system to FUCK ALL.

for now, I love my baby the way it is

But wouldn't mind having Chip upgrade my Jeep. Please Foose, please!!! Originally Posted by savak
Hey savak... I've been around Jeeps since I was a teenager and the "Jeep Wave" is something I learned back in the day. There's times when I'll give the "Jeep Wave" and that person looks at me like, I don't fucking know you, so why in the hell are you waving at me! There's a camaraderie among Jeep owners that some aren't aware of. It's a Jeep thing! Check out http://project-jk.com/2007-jeep-jk-w...icon-unlimited Although they don't carry rocket-launchers and automated machine-gun turrets, they do have some pretty cool accessories for your Jeep. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday...
Saw a WWII decked out Jeep being towed the other day.

Is that normal form of transportation with them, on a trailer?

Could resist that :b
Saw a WWII decked out Jeep being towed the other day.

Is that normal form of transportation with them, on a trailer?

Could resist that :b Originally Posted by Precious_b
Ha Ha Ha... Seriously though, older Jeeps including mine, aren't the most Freeway Friendly vehicles on the road. A short wheelbase and narrow width is a recipe for disater at 65mph. If I had to quickly manuver around an object at that speed on the freeway, chances are I'd roll it. As soon I finish a couple more things on it, instead of driving it to the coast, I'll trailer it behind my F-350. Enjoy your Thanksgiving Holiday Precious b
Not sure Foose could improve on that, so I'd give him a 69 Camaro or a late 60's Chevelle
A 1940 Ford pick up...just Foose it!
Not sure Foose could improve on that, so I'd give him a 69 Camaro or a late 60's Chevelle Originally Posted by Rossboss
Definitely the 69 Camaro...

http://images.search.yahoo.com/r/_yl...m/clubcars.htm