Fantasy Fest in Key West

Seriously thinking about coming down for this event but the hotel / condo prices are out of sight.
Few questions : Is this worth going to if I have to pay $ 300 - $ 400 a night for a room near Duval St and is there any less expensive options out there and still be close to the action. Any insights would be appreciated.
You don't have to stay near Duval, most hotels have buses, there are all kinds of shuttle buses, besides the island is less than 5 miles long. Two years ago I got good rates at the last minute buck couldn't find any deals last year. Its a blast to go and worth it it you can afford it. Pm for specifics.
WHAT IS THIS EVENT ??
WHAT IS THIS EVENT ?? Originally Posted by Sweet Lexxxi dd's
It is a street party in Key West that rivals Mardi Gras!!

Google it!!

Smooch!

Lea
Sounds like fun!
Seriously thinking about coming down for this event but the hotel / condo prices are out of sight.
Few questions : Is this worth going to if I have to pay $ 300 - $ 400 a night for a room near Duval St and is there any less expensive options out there and still be close to the action. Any insights would be appreciated. Originally Posted by cravenmorehead

I'd remembered that events once, when I didn't know it was going on. You won't find any hotels any cheaper than that. Even a local one star ma and pa type of motels.
I seen the festivals and it was my first experiences to see that the naked painted bodies was amazingly covered with paint. The parade was really neat with costumes and floats.
I drove back as i could not find the hotel. Almost back to miami area before I could find something that is about 150. It was a long drive but if you're flying in then you prob have to stay in the area.

I'm just telling you from my old memories that happens in 2003.

XOXO
kat
I live in Key West!