Taking advantage of people

• Reina
  • 05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Ok this is what I don't like for some agencies, because you are a new comer they will like to use you till you drop dead.I feel like this is inhumane to even think about it. Do you guys think this is acceptable to use that person before she is new to the industry?
Well, it's really a matter of perspective, isn't it?

If the story is as dark as you portray it, then of course it is wrong.

But don't some agencies treat their girls well?

It only makes better business sense to keep the girls happy if you plan to keep the girls at all!
Reina,

Hi. Welcome to ECCIE. When you first start doing what we do, well it's tough and full of frustrations. Or at least it can be.

Although you're always welcomed to post in this section of the board, it might be good to get a feel for other areas as well. Houston has a lot of board participation and offers a wealth of great topics in the coed section.

And once you get provider status, spending time in the ladies powder room and asking questions will provide moral support and also be a place where you can turn when you get frustrated or need some input from ladies who have probably experienced some similar situations that you have.

Good luck! I don't know much about agencies, but if you're not happy at one place, don't you believe that it's time to change for another one or look for different options?

It's also something to remember that this "business" isn't for everyone. It takes a certain mindset to be able to thrive in it.

Again, good luck. And I hope that my few words helped somewhat.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Ok this is what I don't like for some agencies, because you are a new comer they will like to use you till you drop dead.I feel like this is inhumane to even think about it. Do you guys think this is acceptable to use that person before she is new to the industry? Originally Posted by Reina

If the agency you are working with does not treat you fair, don't take the calls. And better yet, establish you own group of reliable references that can open doors for you working on your own.

Elizabeth offers a few sound good comments that you should consider. Hell, even better, PM her and other ladies on the board once you have "verified status" and get as much advice as you can on teh subjects that you need.

I hope you have a better time of it. Welcome to Houston, we have a lot of good people here.
It may not be right, but sometimes it happens. You either continue the path, or step away. I have spoken with a provider on something simular to this before. I am told that it is easier to be independent than working for an agency. You really need to talk with the ladies though, I'm just a dawg...
  • Reina
  • 05-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Thank You guys for you inputs, This did open up my mind.
  • Reina
  • 05-22-2010, 12:23 PM
*your