Pre-meeting phone call?

I may be the only hobbyist who prefers this - but I really prefer to speak to a provider on the phone before we actually meet.

No....I don't mean have a long phone conversation at all. I mean just a quick 3-5 minute call just to say "hello...how are you and get a sense for someone's personality.

When I look back at all the providers I have met where I did not have a phone call vs. the ones I did. Each and every time the girls I did not speak with prior turned out to be so-so sessions compared to the girls I did speak with - they all turned out to be great meetings.

Just thought if anyone felt the same way.
They speak?
I'm okay with a short phone call before an appointment, however it's not my preference. I try hard to express myself accurately on Eccie, as well as on my website, so I feel that just about anyone that has a history on Eccie should already have a sense of my personality and who I am.

That is one of the reasons I enjoy this message board so much, when I meet just about anyone through Eccie, it's like I am connecting with an old friend.
I dont mind it either. If requested ill call maybe a day or two before intial date. Just to break the ice.
SNL- Call me anytime!!
I like to talk before appointment also. Helps me to be able to feel out personality and gives me a chance to make them laugh.
I like the phone call too. I hate texting back and forth when you could take 5 minutes to settle the details and then get a feeling for who you're going to see.
I only use cell phone minutes for free sluts. (or to call Popeyes)
Never talked to a provider on the phone before meeting her (with exception of giving last minute driving directions). Never PM'd a provider before requesting a specific date and time. Personally don't understand all the need for verbal/textual foreplay before booking a date. Do your research online and go in.
I'm one that loves talking for a bit on the phone before hand either the day of the appt
or the day of or days before hand gives me I good feeling if we click or not
hearing a nice voice can go a long way with me
one thing I can't stand is when
( I answer the phone and the guy says what's up baby)
A nice Hi is best ........ and keep it sweet and nice
Kisses Gina ____ Houston here i come
Funny one Russ
I require at least one phone call before ..no call no booty ..lol texting dosnt cut it ...I want to hear a voice ..the one time I gave in and saw someone with out a phone call and handled it all through pm I got burned ...so yes a call is mandatory ..I want to talk to you and get a feeling of the kind of person you are.. And I totally agree the " hey baby or what's " stuff is irritating please don't call me if you have never met and say" how are you or hey baby " it bugs me ...say hi and introduce yourself ...then we can get naughty .
I require at least one phone call before ..no call no booty ..lol texting dosnt cut it ...I want to hear a voice ..the one time I gave in and saw someone with out a phone call and handled it all through pm I got burned ...so yes a call is mandatory ..I want to talk to you and get a feeling of the kind of person you are.. And I totally agree the " hey baby or what's " stuff is irritating please don't call me if you have never met and say" how are you or hey baby " it bugs me ...say hi and introduce yourself ...then we can get naughty . Originally Posted by AllisonofHouston
I'm not against a phone call if the provider would like to talk 1st, just not a requirement for me, and one I have never encountered. But what I said goes the other way too. Do your research/screening. A 3 minute phone conversation won't tell you much unless the guy acts like a total dick.
I require at least one phone call before ..no call no booty ..lol texting dosnt cut it ...I want to hear a voice ..the one time I gave in and saw someone with out a phone call and handled it all through pm I got burned ...so yes a call is mandatory ..I want to talk to you and get a feeling of the kind of person you are.. And I totally agree the " hey baby or what's " stuff is irritating please don't call me if you have never met and say" how are you or hey baby " it bugs me ...say hi and introduce yourself ...then we can get naughty . Originally Posted by AllisonofHouston
I'm not opposed to a phone call per se, but from my perspective I do my research beforehand and the ladies do their screening beforehand, any communication we have is merely for appointment scheduling purposes and is often handled more easily over text/email/pm.

This is my first time hearing about a provider who actually requires a phone call, I wonder what it is you're hoping to discover? My guess is a client with ill intent wouldn't reveal himself over the phone, or are you screening out certain demographics this way?
I prefer speaking with the guys before meeting as well-I love to get a sense of ones character
Actually, speaking from a match.com perspective...yes, it's much easier to spot the crazies with a quick phone call.

Usually you can also do this with some extended text, but much easier with a quick call.

It's more helpful to spot the shy or socially awkward, guys with language issues, etc.