Hobby discretion....does it matter??

Just wondering, as I see the same ladies repeatedly posting things like "I had a great time sucking your cock last Friday at 5PM!" or, "I can't wait to see you tomorrow morning for our time together!"---is this an effective method of marketing, in your opinion?

Do you gents enjoy it when a lady ignores the fact that a PM system exists? Do some of you gravitate towards this, or is it something you'd rather not be a part of? Is it a matter of who is doing the kissing and telling? I tend to think it is, but I'd rather see what y'all have to say about it.

So..... as the hobby changes drastically, is this practice of kissing and telling on the part of providers, acceptable now? How do you gentlemen feel about it? Especially those of you who have been around for a good long while.

Oh, and good morning!
Good morning to you, Dannie...don't know how effective it is but we guys sure post about kissing and telling about y'all in our reviews. Always thought it would be cool for you ladies to have the same privilege. Out in the open, that is :-)
Good morning to you, Dannie...don't know how effective it is but we guys sure post about kissing and telling about y'all in our reviews. Always thought it would be cool for you ladies to have the same privilege. Out in the open, that is :-) Originally Posted by Prolongus
I agree. However, do you think it is a smart move on the part of the provider, to do so??

Your hobby and mine are totally different. One is buying, one is selling. Of course, it makes sense for you to kiss and tell. It's a part of the information exchange, since we are the 'product' so to speak.

So you think it is beneficial for the 'product', which used to be hush-hush when it came to our trysts, to openly and repeatedly post in coed about upcoming and past dates with other gents?

I'm not judging, some guys get off on that.
I'm just getting a feel for the new rules as it pertains to discretion.....as discretion slowly dies.
Who is it that is doing this that you don't like? If you're going to bring it up, you may as well put it out there who the offenders are.
...for instance, if I were to openly state who I 'visited' with and when, those poor fellas wouldn't get laid by their ATF's. So you think it is wise to throw caution to the wind and just have all of us ladies discuss who we have seen, openly?

I am frequently requested to not check with one certain very, very popular provider who has always been in excellent standing in the community, because she won't see them again if they see me.
So when I see other ladies posting things in public that they could just as easily PM ("See you tomorrow!") in private, I got to wondering if I should be walking on eggshells or not.

I suppose not??
Who is it that is doing this that you don't like? If you're going to bring it up, you may as well put it out there who the offenders are. Originally Posted by still-asleep
Fuck....just do a quick read through co ed LMAO! Besides, when have you EVER known me to stifle my opinions? Don't try and bait me into something. I'm smarter than the average bear.

And who said I dislike anyone?? It was just a question.

I'll start putting offenders out there when Fawn reveals who is taping sessions. Fair?? . I admit I didn't read her whole thread on that subject, but did you ask HER that same question?

Funny how it's WHO poses the question, not WHAT the question is. Don't hijack my thread, bro. Contribute or not, please.
Just wondering, as I see the same ladies repeatedly posting things like "I had a great time sucking your cock last Friday at 5PM!" or, "I can't wait to see you tomorrow morning for our time together!"---is this an effective method of marketing, in your opinion? Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie
I would be weary of providers who post details with that degree of specificity. Why not say "I had a great time sucking your cock [last session implied]" or "I can't wait to see you again [during our next session implied]" instead? What is there to gain by adding a time stamp?

Your examples would dissuade hobbyists who prefer discretion. And, I cannot imagine who would find those postings appealing. In fact, the only function those acknowledgements serve is making someone's presence known and affirming her availability on this Board.

Every posting is a marketing tool in fashion or another. This applies to both sides of the hobby. There are simply better ways to advertise.
To me discretion does matter. As you said earlier, some providers won't see you if have seen a certain provider and I find that to be fucking crazy. You are losing a customer because I went to go see provider A and you fucking hate her, so you are not seeing me.
Fuck....just do a quick read through co ed LMAO! Besides, when have you EVER known me to stifle my opinions? Don't try and bait me into something. I'm smarter than the average bear.

And who said I dislike anyone?? It was just a question.

I'll start putting offenders out there when Fawn reveals who is taping sessions. Fair?? . I admit I didn't read her whole thread on that subject, but did you ask HER that same question?

Funny how it's WHO poses the question, not WHAT the question is. Don't hijack my thread, bro. Contribute or not, please. Originally Posted by TheOriginalDannie
I am contributing to the thread topic. I'm asking who you are referring to in regards to it. That's not hijacking, and it's not baiting. It's asking for clarification.

I also didn't say you disliked anyone. I asked who was doing the action that you disliked. That is referring to you not liking the action, not the person.
It is the difference between a courtesan and a hooker.

There is an unwritten rule that a provider should never mention seeing a guy unless and untill he has posted something saying he saw her. Sort of like the rules for the socials that we never talk about. When people would start a thread about what a great time it was, it was considered improper to mention that this guy or gal were there until they had weighed in personally to let people know they were there.

It is a sign of the times. In the old days, the providers were the ones who achieved fame. Now, too many guys want to achieve fame. And building on that fame, a lady can catch on to the guy's star and create a little of her own fame by riding the coattails of the guy or guys who are quick to pat their own backs for their exploits.

In my eyes, gals who brag about their exploits in public view are probably just like the guys who do so: A lot of hot air and very little to back it up. Add a lady who is putting very specific information out there, and that adds to my DNS list.

If a gal is bragging about who she sees, it is very helpful to me. By looking at the kind of guy she sees, I can determine if she screens very well or if she is seeing any Tom, DICK, or Harry. Again, it may help flesh out my DNS list.

Finally, anything where specific times, places, etc. are given is a very bad thing in my eyes. No one has screened every member here. That includes me. Many of these ladies have fixed places they play from. So, tell someone who you were screwing at a particular time, or worse, who you will be screwing a specific time, and some other member who knows the incall location can stake it out and out you. That other member could just be LE, a private eye hired by your spouse, or just your basic asshole.
It is the difference between a courtesan and a hooker.

There is an unwritten rule that a provider should never mention seeing a guy unless and untill he has posted something saying he saw her. Sort of like the rules for the socials that we never talk about. When people would start a thread about what a great time it was, it was considered improper to mention that this guy or gal were there until they had weighed in personally to let people know they were there.

It is a sign of the times. In the old days, the providers were the ones who achieved fame. Now, too many guys want to achieve fame. And building on that fame, a lady can catch on to the guy's star and create a little of her own fame by riding the coattails of the guy or guys who are quick to pat their own backs for their exploits.

In my eyes, gals who brag about their exploits in public view are probably just like the guys who do so: A lot of hot air and very little to back it up. Add a lady who is putting very specific information out there, and that adds to my DNS list.

If a gal is bragging about who she sees, it is very helpful to me. By looking at the kind of guy she sees, I can determine if she screens very well or if she is seeing any Tom, DICK, or Harry. Again, it may help flesh out my DNS list.

Finally, anything where specific times, places, etc. are given is a very bad thing in my eyes. No one has screened every member here. That includes me. Many of these ladies have fixed places they play from. So, tell someone who you were screwing at a particular time, or worse, who you will be screwing a specific time, and some other member who knows the incall location can stake it out and out you. That other member could just be LE, a private eye hired by your spouse, or just your basic asshole. Originally Posted by tigercat

This. Just......this. Amen and all that!! Too bad this will be lost on the ones who need it most.
I am going to sound a little chauvinist here, but it should be up to the guy. If he has done a review, or he notes on a thread he had a good time with the lady, no problem. If not, there may be a reason he has not mentioned it in a more or less public forum.
If you have issues with women doing it, why don't you take your own advice and PM them discreetly about it?
I am contributing to the thread topic. I'm asking who you are referring to in regards to it. That's not hijacking, and it's not baiting. It's asking for clarification.

I also didn't say you disliked anyone. I asked who was doing the action that you disliked. That is referring to you not liking the action, not the person. Originally Posted by still-asleep
Uh huh. Maybe I am referring to more than one person. Do you really think I would start naming names of coworkers?? Right.

Like I said, when the name of the mystery video-taper is revealed, or all the vague references placed in coed are brought to light, I will happily provide you links. Until then, just read and pay attention
If you have issues with women doing it, why don't you take your own advice and PM them discreetly about it? Originally Posted by still-asleep
Because (a) I don't have the kind of time to correspond with multiple women
(b) I thought I would start a topic that didn't involve "who is the best", but rather an actual, intellectual discussion which you are obviously butt-hurt about and I don't know why.

Thanks to everyone else who kept this rational.