So It Begins With Russia.......

Obama Cancels Meeting With Putin Amid Tension Over Snowden

WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama canceled a bilateral meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin set to be held in Moscow next month, following Russia's decision to grant asylum to former U.S. contractor Edward Snowden, the White House said Wednesday.

U.S.-Russian relations have been strained over Moscow's handling of Mr. Snowden, the National Security Agency leaker who was granted asylum in Russia last week. The White House had previously signaled Mr. Obama was unlikely to attend a planned one-on-one meeting with Mr. Putin next month in Moscow ahead of the Group of 20 summit in St. Petersburg.

"There are times when they slip back into Cold War thinking and Cold War mentality," Mr. Obama said of Russia in an interview on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Tuesday night. "What I continually say to them and to President Putin, that's the past."
Mr. Obama still plans to attend the G-20 summit scheduled for early September, which Russia is hosting.

White House spokesman Jay Carney in a statement said the decision came after the Obama administration "reached the conclusion that there is not enough recent progress in our bilateral agenda with Russia" to hold the meeting.

"Given our lack of progress on issues such as missile defense and arms control, trade and commercial relations, global security issues, and human rights and civil society in the last 12 months, we have informed the Russian government that we believe it would be more constructive to postpone the summit until we have more results from our shared agenda," the statement said. "Russia's disappointing decision to grant Edward Snowden temporary asylum was also a factor that we considered in assessing the current state of our bilateral relationship."

The White House said it will continue with a Washington meeting later this week between Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian officials "to discuss how we can best make progress moving forward on the full range of issues in our bilateral relationship."

Before heading to Russia for the G-20, Mr. Obama will go to Stockholm Sept. 4 and 5, the White House said in a brief statement Wednesday. The White House said Sweden plays a "key leadership role on the international stage, including in opening new trade and investment opportunities through the U.S.-EU trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, advancing clean technologies, and promoting environmental sustainability."

Here's the link: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788732452250457865 3791984020314.html?mod=WSJ_hpp _LEFTTopStories

It's sad that we are having to bow up to an old enemy because of a snot-nosed wanna be.
  • WTF
  • 08-07-2013, 08:45 AM
If you think it began with Russia....

It's sad that we are having to bow up to an old enemy because of a snot-nosed wanna be. Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
I agree, but he won't be President too much longer.
  • WTF
  • 08-07-2013, 09:20 AM
2016 , then Clinton.

"There are times when they slip back into Cold War thinking and Cold War mentality," Mr. Obama said of Russia in an interview on "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno" on Tuesday night. "What I continually say to them and to President Putin, that's the past." Originally Posted by OliviaHoward
That quote shows Odumbo for the naïve, political hack he is. Odumbo is more than willing to perpetuate the racial divide in this country because of its "history"; yet, Odumbo hypocritically tells the Russia to ignore and deny its history!?! What a fucking hypocritical moron!
Fuck Putin and fuck the Russians. Putin is nothing but a KGB thug who would shit a purple cow if the United States gave asylum to a Russian citizen who had leaked vital Russian national security information.
That quote shows Odumbo for the naïve, political hack he is. Odumbo is more than willing to perpetuate the racial divide in this country because of its "history"; yet, Odumbo hypocritically tells the Russia to ignore and deny its history!?! What a fucking hypocritical moron!
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
he came from a broken home.
he came from a broken home. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Well, I usually don't get to see the blatherings of IB an Idiot anymore since I have him ignored. I see he is still posting pretty much the stupidest shit on the board. Keep it up moron.
Well, I usually don't get to see the blatherings of IB an Idiot anymore since I have him ignored. I see he is still posting pretty much the stupidest shit on the board. Keep it up moron. Originally Posted by timpage
You're one of the morons that put that moronic political hack in office, Little Timmy; you're either a complete imbecile or a liar if you claim that makes you feel proud!
  • CJ7
  • 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM
You're one of the morons that put that moronic political hack in office, Little Timmy; you're either a complete imbecile or a liar if you claim that makes you feel proud! Originally Posted by I B Hankering

one of 66,760,924

Fuck Putin and fuck the Russians. Putin is nothing but a KGB thug who would shit a purple cow if the United States gave asylum to a Russian citizen who had leaked vital Russian national security information. Originally Posted by timpage

OBAMA TO PUTIN Vlad, you're a big ole meanie and I'm not comming over to play with you anymore.
one of 66,760,924

Originally Posted by CJ7
Approximately 155 million had enough sense not to vote for Odumbo!
Approximately 155 million had enough sense not to vote for Odumbo! Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Some of the "other bunch" did too, but they voted with their hearts instead.

Counting the time for the moving vans to arrive.
OBAMA TO PUTIN Vlad, you're a big ole meanie and I'm not comming over to play with you anymore. Originally Posted by rodog44
Putin just hasn't told Obaminable what Putin wants. Snowden is a disposable pawn.
Fuck Putin and fuck the Russians. Putin is nothing but a KGB thug who would shit a purple cow if the United States gave asylum to a Russian citizen who had leaked vital Russian national security information. Originally Posted by timpage
That "KGB thug" is making Obama look like a weak little girl and humiliating our once great nation. Reagan would have kicked his ass.