Arkansas Subforums?

Hey folks,

I don't know how simple this is to accomplish but it'd be great if "Arkansas" could somehow be broken down into slightly smaller areas. Something like "Northwest Arkansas", "Little Rock", and maybe just "Arkansas" for the rest? Someone a little more knowledgeable about AR demographics would probably do a better job of breaking it down.

The reason I mention it is that I'm based out of Joplin, MO and making a trip to somewhere in NWA is relatively easy for me. However, looking through showcases, ads, reviews, etc, I come across a lot of things for Little Rock that aren't helpful to me since it's about a 4 hour drive compared to a 1 hour drive.

Just spitballing. I know this sort of change is likely more complex than simply hitting a "Create Subforum" button but figured other people might want to chime in and discuss.

Thanks!
-Brad
Other people have suggested this in the past and it was supposed to be looked into... The other post with multiple members saying it would be very helpful is located somewhere in "discussions for the staff" at the top of the page.

A lot of times, ladies will list their location in their signatures. Ahem. lol
Keep in mind that the site owners and admins are going to do what makes it easiest to administer the board, and not what makes things easiest for you. And I don't mean that as a criticism. Dividing forums into subforums based on geographical areas may have more to do with the volume of traffic relating to each geographical area than what will make it easiest for hobbyists to find ladies or vice versa.

Although this forum (Arkansas) is one of the few that is so busy that I trash posts unread just to keep up, it's never struck me that the volume of area-specific posts has been so great as to make it useful to subdivide the forum. But what do I know? I thought the same thing about Joplin-Springfield in Missouri (not having enough specific posts to justify a separate area), and then one day when I had my back turned they went and split Joplin-Springfield off into their own set of forums.

Cheers,

bcg
Other people have suggested this in the past and it was supposed to be looked into... The other post with multiple members saying it would be very helpful is located somewhere in "discussions for the staff" at the top of the page.

A lot of times, ladies will list their location in their signatures. Ahem. lol Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
Cool. I figured it would be more of discussion so I wanted to open it up to more than just the staff for the sake of soliciting opinions.

As for including it in their signatures, if everyone listed the city they were in/visiting in a signature or thread title that'd be awesome but, sadly, not everyone is as diligent as you are

Keep in mind that the site owners and admins are going to do what makes it easiest to administer the board, and not what makes things easiest for you. And I don't mean that as a criticism. Dividing forums into subforums based on geographical areas may have more to do with the volume of traffic relating to each geographical area than what will make it easiest for hobbyists to find ladies or vice versa.

Although this forum (Arkansas) is one of the few that is so busy that I trash posts unread just to keep up, it's never struck me that the volume of area-specific posts has been so great as to make it useful to subdivide the forum. But what do I know? I thought the same thing about Joplin-Springfield in Missouri (not having enough specific posts to justify a separate area), and then one day when I had my back turned they went and split Joplin-Springfield off into their own set of forums. Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Ya, this was all just random thoughts I had. Figured I'd make a thread to see what other peoples' thoughts were, including the admins, knowing full well it may or may not be a practical thing to try and change.
NEA would be pretty silent. Most of my calls, texts, and PMs are asking if i am in LR or NWA..
NEA would be pretty silent. Most of my calls, texts, and PMs are asking if i am in LR or NWA.. Originally Posted by cassie_love
Since tsar had to move, I think NEA is pretty much you, Jami-Lynn, and the BP girls, with the occasional visitor.

Cheers,

bcg
Arkansas needs to be one forum but have the ads separate.

Dallas forum is all together but has an extra ads subforum for Ft Worth.

Or do like Oklahoma and have ads AND reviews separate (one for OKC, one for Tulsa) but everything else together.
Since tsar had to move, I think NEA is pretty much you, Jami-Lynn, and the BP girls, with the occasional visitor.

Cheers,

bcg Originally Posted by bluffcityguy
Even Jami-Lynn is based outside of NEA. In Memphis I believe? It's just Cassie and BP girls, BUT Cassie and I will be in LR TOGETHER soon so NEA will have to resort to BP if they don't give Cassie some action and prove they want her there!
Hey u guys! I'm actually based out of NEA, but it takes the same amount of time for me to get to Jonesboro as it does Memphis, so I can go either way. I'm pretty flexible on where I can meet. (One of the benefits of living in "bfe"...ha! My options are open on which direction to go)
Even Jami-Lynn is based outside of NEA. In Memphis I believe? It's just Cassie and BP girls, BUT Cassie and I will be in LR TOGETHER soon so NEA will have to resort to BP if they don't give Cassie some action and prove they want her there! Originally Posted by tsar

True story!! Tsar and i get together we are gonna have a BLAST!! Little Rock and Central Arkansas Get ready for us!!!
Hey u guys! I'm actually based out of NEA, but it takes the same amount of time for me to get to Jonesboro as it does Memphis, so I can go either way. I'm pretty flexible on where I can meet. (One of the benefits of living in "bfe"...ha! My options are open on which direction to go) Originally Posted by Jami-Lynn
I'm sorry JamiLynn! For some reason I really thought you were in Memphis.

A lot of times, ladies will list their location in their signatures. Ahem. lol Originally Posted by Ginger Doll
It would be nice if it was done like that!! Like Ginger said , most provider will list in there ads or profiles where they are located whether its NWA or LR. You can also PM a provider if you can not tell where they are located !!!

open during the holidays in nwa !!!
www.thepinkdollhouse.com
One of the benefits of living in "bfe"...ha! Originally Posted by Jami-Lynn
So... you're saying you offer greek?
How about this...
Instead of the two Provider Ad lists we have, break those into NWA provider ads, LR provider ads, and all other AR provider ads. All three would still be under the larger heading of AR as the current ad listings are.
Great example of why we need it - a traveling lady just posted an ad, but didn't list where she is. I assume LR because outsiders wrongly think Arkansas = LR. If we had NWA separate, providers and hobbiests could make educated choices.