Anon's Lunch Counter: What are you having for lunch today?

For whatever reason, my experience has been that providers and hobbyists are some of the best cooks out there. . .and being sensuous people, they tend to have great recipe ideas.

So here is a thread to come and get ideas if you are in a food rut, or a place to share something new or different for others to try.

Today I am having simple snack of comfort food:

Toasted Sweet Pumpernickel, Boar's Head Braunschweiger, garnished with minced onion, horseradish, ketchup and poached egg.

What are you having for lunch?
yummmmmmmmm..i want some..lol!

I am headed to dallas today,so I will probably eat on the run

have a great day everyone!!!!!!!!!!
I am making a Salad with Spinich lettuce, grilled chicken, cheese, almonds and balsamic vinigerette dressing
Bologna sandwich. hehe Just had to lower the level.
@A1--I'd love to have that!!!

I have an eclectic palate. I like just about everything, regardless of price.

My lunch: cream cheese and jalapeno tamales with home made salsa.
I'll probably have something to heat up in the microwave

or maybe some rotini
Bacon. Lot's and lot's of bacon.
broccoli
Ucle Otis would like a potted meat and egg sandwich.
I have hankering for mexican food. Why I have no friggin idea. I just do
3 tblspoons butter, divided
1 shallot, minced
1 cup coarsely chopped wild mushrooms(shiitake or morel, recently tried hen of the woods and loved them)
8 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 cup gruyere cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Heat two tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add shallot and cook for one minute. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly brown, about eight inutes; transfer to plate and set aside. Wipe pan clean w/paper towel. Whisk eggs, milk and cream in a large bowl until well blended. Add cream cheese to mixture in dime-sized bits. Stir in gruy'ere, mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper. Heat pan over mediu heat, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and egg mixture. Cook for three to five minutes until edges start to look firm, then transfer to oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until center is just set.
Serves five.
calories: 342
fat: 28.6g
carbs: 2.8g
protein: 18.4g
Hot Wings! Very very HOT, hot wings!! Actually am making up 10 lbs of them for a git-together this evening, so can't help but have them for lunch today as well!
Chicken Wings (tips removed)
Serrano Chilli Peppers
Jalapeno Peppers
Red Bell Pepper
Hot Sauce
Worchestershire Sauce
Cayenne Pepper
Srichacha Hot Pepper Sauce
Salt
Black Pepper
Red Wine Vinegar
Beer

Yummy-Yum-Yum and ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so hot!!
Oh, and the rib, pulled pork, and sliced brisket combo.
3 tblspoons butter, divided
1 shallot, minced
1 cup coarsely chopped wild mushrooms(shiitake or morel, recently tried hen of the woods and loved them)
8 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 cup gruyere cheese
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Heat two tablespoons of butter over medium heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add shallot and cook for one minute. Add mushrooms and cook until lightly brown, about eight inutes; transfer to plate and set aside. Wipe pan clean w/paper towel. Whisk eggs, milk and cream in a large bowl until well blended. Add cream cheese to mixture in dime-sized bits. Stir in gruy'ere, mushrooms, parsley, salt and pepper. Heat pan over mediu heat, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and egg mixture. Cook for three to five minutes until edges start to look firm, then transfer to oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, until center is just set.
Serves five.
calories: 342
fat: 28.6g
carbs: 2.8g
protein: 18.4g Originally Posted by anova444
That would be awesome with a slab of fried ham or a really good sausage. Thank you for sharing that--might be Thursday menu for me.
School Cafeteria...need I say more lol. Grilled Shrimp Caesar but with Ranch dressing.