Is a Sex Addiction real?

I recently had a birthday and as a result have been reflecting on my life. I think that I might be addicted to sex. I thought I would bring it up here to see what everyone's thoughts are on the subject.

I think my twisted outlook on sex started with the first girl that I was ever with. [Staff edit. M] Thinking back it hurt me emotionally because I thought that she was special and he made her seem like just something to be used. That was my introduction to being sexually active and in reflection I think that it influenced my choices from that point forward.

I recognize that I may have some sort of addiction but I don't know that I want to try and fix it.

Conflicted,
CJ
Yes a sex addiction is very real....but only you can determine if you are an addict...when sex controls your life that's when you should really take a look at it....but enjoying sex and being an addict can be 2 differant things
The link below may provide you a self evaluation.

http://centerforhealthysex.com/sex-t...addiction-test
Whenever you engage in some sort of pleasure seeking behavior, regardless of the negative outcomes and how it adversely affects your life, that is an addictive behavior. Whether it be sex, drugs, gambling, shopping, food, exercise, etc.

The big questions are: how adversely is it affecting you and how far do you go to satisfy that desire for the short term pleasure reward? And if it's hurting you, are you willing to attempt to change?

Most addicts switch/replace one addiction for another. That's another thing to consider.

Best of luck figuring it out.

Camille
I already checked all the sex addicts anonymous meetings looking for hot loose women, but didnt find one
Yes. I am planning to open a sex addict recovery center to help those that are haunted with this disability. Of course, it will be open to women only and I will provide one on one therapy. I think it may be the only way for a man to get paid for sex.
This is only a joke so please don't get your panties in a wad.
  • Mokoa
  • 01-20-2016, 11:13 PM
Not hobby related.

Moved to the proper forum.
"I am obsessed with sex. Ever since I discovered that my God-given male member was going to give me no peace, I decided to give it no rest in return. Seems fair to me."

C. Hitchens
I already checked all the sex addicts anonymous meetings looking for hot loose women, but didnt find one Originally Posted by flinde
Had a group in Oahu yrs ago; went to a meeting and found 2 new friends.
Yes! Best Regards, Tiger

Sex is a real good addiction.