Ford makes a U turn!

Ford has decided to dump their plans to build a 1.6 billion dollar plant in Mexico and invest in an existing plant in Michigan. CEO Mark Fields said part of the reason is Preident Elect Trumps promise to lower corporate taxes and less regulations played a major part in their strategy going forward.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...jlX6KU9SeKXEjQ

America is now open for business
  • DSK
  • 01-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Trump is already winning!!!
Trump is already winning!!! Originally Posted by DSK
That's what he does. That's what pisses off the Liberals.

They bet on LOSERS!

I guess it makes them feel better about themselves. And now there are coloring books.
  • DSK
  • 01-04-2017, 07:21 AM
That's what he does. That's what pisses off the Liberals.

They bet on LOSERS!

I guess it makes them feel better about themselves. And now there are coloring books. Originally Posted by LexusLover
Maybe the loser Ted Kennedy knew he was fucking everything up and that is why he drank so much.
Obama 'THE 10 TRILLION DOLLAR MAN' getting schooled already by Trump and he hasn't even took office yet. As long as Ford keeps making the Mustang everything's cool. Now Trump needs to abolish the EPA so Ford can make even bigger V-8's.
Obama 'THE 10 TRILLION DOLLAR MAN' getting schooled already by Trump and he hasn't even took office yet. As long as Ford keeps making the Mustang everything's cool. Now Trump needs to abolish the EPA so Ford can make even bigger V-8's. Originally Posted by slim deez
They probably will, the full sized Bronco is coming back. Without OJ of course.
I see he's trying the same thing with Toyota.

I think that's a bridge too far. it is not an american co.
Ford has decided to dump their plans to build a 1.6 billion dollar plant in Mexico and invest in an existing plant in Michigan. CEO Mark Fields said part of the reason is Preident Elect Trumps promise to lower corporate taxes and less regulations played a major part in their strategy going forward.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://...jlX6KU9SeKXEjQ

America is now open for business Originally Posted by bambino
What you say is true. However, how much Trump influenced the decision is up for debate, as stated in the article:

"Ford officials said that the revised plans were tied to market conditions that have depressed small-car sales, and that they did not consult with the incoming Trump administration before making the decision."

And, again as you said, such business decisions are made based on Trump's promises. I'm all for investments in the U.S. instead of countries like Mexico. But a company is in business to make money. Again, as stated in the article:

"Industry analysts have questioned whether automakers like G.M. and Ford can profitably build smaller vehicles in the United States instead of in Mexico, where wages rarely cross $10 an hour, compared with the $29 an hour earned by a majority of unionized American workers."

And:

"For consumers, those higher wages could add up to higher sticker prices. And that could potentially reduce sales."

So it is almost time for Trump to take office and fulfill his many promises to the American people. As I said before, if he fails it does no one in this country any good.
What you say is true. However, how much Trump influenced the decision is up for debate, as stated in the article:

"Ford officials said that the revised plans were tied to market conditions that have depressed small-car sales, and that they did not consult with the incoming Trump administration before making the decision."

And, again as you said, such business decisions are made based on Trump's promises. I'm all for investments in the U.S. instead of countries like Mexico. But a company is in business to make money. Again, as stated in the article:

"Industry analysts have questioned whether automakers like G.M. and Ford can profitably build smaller vehicles in the United States instead of in Mexico, where wages rarely cross $10 an hour, compared with the $29 an hour earned by a majority of unionized American workers."

And:

"For consumers, those higher wages could add up to higher sticker prices. And that could potentially reduce sales."

So it is almost time for Trump to take office and fulfill his many promises to the American people. As I said before, if he fails it does no one in this country any good.
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
And how about the failed promises and outright lies of the Obama administration? I'm betting Trump will get a good part of his adjenda done. If the Dems are smart, they won't try to derail everything.
And how about the failed promises and outright lies of the Obama administration? I'm betting Trump will get a good part of his adjenda done. If the Dems are smart, they won't try to derail everything. Originally Posted by bambino
First, we're not talking about Obama. His time in office is almost done and I personally will leave it up to those who rank Presidents as to how effective he was while in office. My bet is he will be ranked higher than GWB, for whom I voted twice.

Second, how can the Dems derail anything? Republicans have the majority in both the House and Senate.

Here is a list of what Trump said he wants to do in his first 100 days in office. Very aggressive and I don't expect him to be 100% successful.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451...first-100-days
First, we're not talking about Obama. His time in office is almost done and I personally will leave it up to those who rank Presidents as to how effective he was while in office. My bet is he will be ranked higher than GWB, for whom I voted twice.

Second, how can the Dems derail anything? Republicans have the majority in both the House and Senate.

Here is a list of what Trump said he wants to do in his first 100 days in office. Very aggressive and I don't expect him to be 100% successful.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451...first-100-days Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
I said the Dems shouldn't TRY to derail everything. No POTUS gets 100% of his adjenda approved. But he's already working on it isn't he?
I said the Dems shouldn't TRY to derail everything. No POTUS gets 100% of his adjenda approved. But he's already working on it isn't he? Originally Posted by bambino
Well, he's taking credit for Ford when Ford says the decision was made independent of Trump's mandate. He "saved" jobs at Carrier and it cost taxpayers $7 million. What other accomplishments has he made?
Well, he's taking credit for Ford when Ford says the decision was made independent of Trump's mandate. He "saved" jobs at Carrier and it cost taxpayers $7 million. What other accomplishments has he made? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Ford can say what they want but they are staying. Did they mention that before Trump? When you DON'T take away 7 million in taxes from someone that is not the same as costing someone else something.