Meryl Streep and Other Celebrities STILL Dot Get It.

Anybody watch the Golden Globe Awards? I watched some of it for the sole purpose of seeing how big of asses the Hollywood Crowd could make of themselves.

They didn't disappoint. Meryl Streep was the worse, her overly long diatribe on the evils of the last election, and how, (this no bullshit), the Hollywood crowd was now an unprotected minority, in danger of untold persecution.

Ms Streep and her ilk STILL don't get it. There is a large segment of the population that could care less about what she, and the rest of the Pop Culture/Entertainment Industry thinks.

As I watched her sanctimonious little pity party, I could not help but wonder. How many more Counties and States just turned Red.

And by the way, Meryl. Hillary Clinton IS NOT GOING TO BE PRESIDENT.
You'd think they would eventually get the message that their opinion doesn't matter to anybody but themselves. Not for the last 18 months or so. Not ever.

Too stupid to figure it out.

Oh, well. Another good political ad for the next time around... For Republicans!
All I could do was shake my head during her schpiel and think (that) the late, great Cecil B DeMille had to be spinning in his grave...

Why is it alright for her to bemoan the disrespect in American (political) culture yet...disrespect half a nation that actually enjoys the NFL and/or MMA (as alternate entertainment such as film & cinema)? Personally speaking, some may feel as though Packer QB Aaron Rodgers is somewhat of an "artist" himself....and that his canvas just so happens to be the gridiron.

We just need to go back to the days when (someone like) Brando would make their political viewpoints felt (per these award programs) by basically be a No Show. Getting up in front of the entire nation and grandstanding like that is pure unadulterated, liberal rubbish IMO.
Didn't watch, but was disappointing our president elect had a three page tweet in rebuttal. Will he ever be able to disregard the stupid comments from those who do not support him, and turn to running the country?
Didn't watch, but was disappointing our president elect had a three page tweet in rebuttal. Will he ever be able to disregard the stupid comments from those who do not support him, and turn to running the country? Originally Posted by wordup666
well he has not been sworn in yet so I guess he can do what the fuck he wants tough shit if you don't like it
I did not watch it.
Why would I?
All of those whores are way overpriced.
i will be glad to see them get looked into by the IRS once Trump takes office,
well he has not been sworn in yet so I guess he can do what the fuck he wants tough shit if you don't like it Originally Posted by gary5912
I like all of this crap dished out by the Main Stream "Liberal" Media about President Elect Trump needing to be "more Presidential".

Who defines what is "Presidential"? Andrea Mitchel? Wolf Blitzer? Chris Mathews? Nancy Pelosi? Rachel Maddow? Martha Radactz?

We have seen for the past 8 years what they consider "Presidential".
What she should have said was..
Look, I know many of us arent happy, but for the sake of our entire nation, we need to give the guy a chance. We cant fight him at every turn just to see him fail, because then we all fail.
Dear Hollywood celebrities and actors... you only have a place in my world to entertain me. That’s it.

You make your living pretending to be someone else. Playing dress up like a 6 year old. You live in a make believe world in front of a camera - and often when you are away from one, too. Your entire existence depends on my patronage.

I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance.

I don’t really care where you stand on issues. You see, you aren’t real. I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world. Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again. I hope you realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted. In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment.

So, shut your pie hole and dance, monkey!
What she should have said was..
Look, I know many of us arent happy, but for the sake of our entire nation, we need to give the guy a chance. We cant fight him at every turn just to see him fail, because then we all fail. Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
How about they just not saying anything about politics?

The need to figure out how they are going to make a living if Trump doesn't secure this country so we can all go to the movies without getting our asses blown up or shot up! So by disrupting him and preventing him from doing his job they are shooting themselves in the foot with their careers.