Facebook?

Is anyone else seeing providers pop up on their Facebook page? It shows their RW name and personal information, which I'm sure they don't want people to know.
if you are using the same base emails that is how they sync up...
if you are using the same base emails that is how they sync up... Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
That and the cell phone number. Mine are different than what I use on here.

I think FB can go through your computer if you have it open. That's how they cater their ads to you.
Is anyone else seeing providers pop up on their Facebook page? It shows their RW name and personal information, which I'm sure they don't want people to know. Originally Posted by MrBigD
I believe that FB uses both email and phone numbers to correlate who might make potential FB Friends. Yep, it leaks RW information like a sieve.

It also doesn't help that Apple and Microsoft use similar correlation techniques with your email addresses and phone numbers.

I have a separate email for hobby and RW, and it doesn't make any difference.

BTW, LE and others doing background checks for your work also have similar experience and capabilities.

That is not to say anything about what a hooker site called "VerifyHim" does for the ladies to link handles and numbers on various boards as they work to verify who you and that your references are valid.
Yes to OP question. If ladies use same phone for hobby number via AP and RW. They may not have settings right or share contact list.

I have two phones and two Facebook accounts with no connection between my RW info with hobby info.

Sam
Sam,
Do you use the same laptop/computer/tablet to access both accounts? They may be looking at your IP and MAC addresses along with OS fingerprints to show the two accounts are from the same user. I believe that eccie does something similar to preclude a user from having both a male and female account on eccie.

Maybe some of our Mandles might share their experience on this??
this concerns me, I do not do facebook or eccie on my phone only on my computer. I was under the impressions this was an issue ONLY from phones, messenger and facebook. I did not think it was if you only used a laptop. are you saying it has happened to you but you never did facebook and eccie on your phone? If anyone sees me like this, I would like to know. I saw some of my clients early on as suggested friends on facebook when they just started messenger on the phone a while ago and quickly took it all off the phone. I would be quite distressed if it is from a computer too now.
Yep, has happened to me too! RW phone numbers and emails are the main risk factor.
When ya sync up yer email an' utha accounts (Google, Facebook an' etsy an' tha laik) across yer devices ('puter, tablet, phone) so yew can bop 'twixt 'em all, then yer crossin' tha streams worse then tha Ghostbustahs!
  • Mokoa
  • 08-09-2016, 08:44 PM
...I think FB can go through your computer if you have it open. That's how they cater their ads to you. Originally Posted by MrBigD
Yep, a tried and true method and it has been used for years by all of the big online entities.
Threads like this make me glad that the only FB account I have is a hobby one for part of my newbie screening. Heck, the only Twitter I have is a hobby one I haven't touched since I started it.
this concerns me, I do not do facebook or eccie on my phone only on my computer. I was under the impressions this was an issue ONLY from phones, messenger and facebook. I did not think it was if you only used a laptop. are you saying it has happened to you but you never did facebook and eccie on your phone? If anyone sees me like this, I would like to know. I saw some of my clients early on as suggested friends on facebook when they just started messenger on the phone a while ago and quickly took it all off the phone. I would be quite distressed if it is from a computer too now. Originally Posted by sue_nami
Ya, it has nothing to do with the device and everything to do with the account. If you use email on your phone, it can see your contacts. Then when you use that email via your laptop, it knows those contacts. FYI I'm pretty sure you're completely misunderstanding how it works.
At this last meet up, I met an UTR provider. After some conversation she grabbed my phone and put in her number. I use google voice as a hobby phone # and when I started texting her, it updated the RW contact (Name and Google+) information for her on my phone. I assume she has her number tied to a google account.

Working in the IT industry, I can say that this was cool. As a hobbyist it scares the hell out of me. If it works one way, it works the other way. I am not concerned about this girl because a few guys at the meet up said she was a great girl but I text a lot of providers from this number. I will take a deep dive into the settings for google voice users and see if I can find out where to stop the sync.
Facebook is now using location to connect people.

I had a subcontractor over at my house for a few hours one day and we never had an electronic Communication email phone text anything.
An hour after he left he showed up on my people you may know list on Facebook. If you are around somebody for more than an hour or so Facebook may try to connect you.