Trouble making a new account

• Kacie
  • 03-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Here's a PM quote from one of the mods...can I get a hand?

Ok...since I'm not the best at all things computer, I'll have you ask your questions to the Technical problems section as you open the site first page.
MM

Here's what I've tried so far:

PC1 IP1 Chrome, then IE
PC2 IP1 Chrome and IE
Smartphone1 IP1 (wifi)
Smartphone1 IP2 (AT&T)
Smartphone2 IP3 (Sprint)

No dice.

Kacie, LovelyLucky and now me all use the same computers at some point or another. We generally are logged into Kacie's cable modem, but we also just tried on both ATT and Sprint phone both on and off wifi

Im thoroughly confused. We're not trying to get over on anyone or the site, just trying to bring a new girl to SE Texas.

Hi Kenz... Yep, a new comp and IP addy. The site thinks Kacie is trying to comment a NoNo and have multiple handles.

Do that and let me know if you have anymore problems.
MM

Hey, my name's Mackenzi. I'm a friend of Kacie's and Im at her house trying to set up an account. When I try to register, however, I get an error saying I can't register multiple accounts. I've tried multiple browsers and on a cell phone that not connected to wifi...so a different IP.

I'm a new provider trying to get started.

Can you help me out? Originally Posted by Kacie
Originally Posted by MuffinMan
Originally Posted by Kacie
Originally Posted by MuffinMan
  • LNK
  • 03-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Go someplace that has free wifi, like a coffee shop or BK, and use Chrome in Incognito mode.

Make sure you completely close the browser before trying to register a new account. Don't just log off another user and then try to register.

BTW, love your "Handyman Specials"!
  • Kacie
  • 03-11-2014, 08:04 PM
I'll try incognito thru a proxy. Should work right? I'll report my results.

Thanks!
  • Kacie
  • 03-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Success!. Thanks
  • Kacie
  • 03-11-2014, 10:01 PM
Allrighty then....I just got a 5 point infraction for the above copy/paste. Is it just me, or does anyone else find this a bit trivial? If the convo were remotely personal I'd get it it.

Anyway, what does 5 points win me? I've looked all over to no avail.