Trucks

I have recently gotten a newer truck.
I am a silverado chick.
What is your favorite type of truck that you own or have owned?
I've had several different silverados through the years.
I have considered others but ultimately I always go back to Chevy? Whats your truck?
GMCs and Chevy. Currently have a 2000 stepside sierra w/less than 100000 miles. Looking at new ones now.
I bought a Silverado Z71 last year. First Chevy I've ever owned. Had to imagine going to anything else now.
yes. I got a 4X4 1500 silverado with lift kit and hammer head gear and lights.. Pretty sweet
Honest to god, my favorite truck was a 2003 Sonoma with V-6. I could carry and tow pretty much everything I needed, but the gas mileage was much better than the Silverado and it was easier to park in a crowded parking lot.

Ex-wife made me get rid of it. I eventually got rid of the ex-wife too, wish I had the truck back!
Omerta you are right IT is a bitch to park in a crowed space. I enjoy the attention, being so little getting out of this big ass truck. Makes me laugh, but to be honest it feels good. I've worked my ass off slaving outside learning construction work so I can own a big truck for a reason..
  • cboat
  • 05-16-2017, 10:13 AM
Over the last 55 years I have had Ford, Chev. Toyota, but now I am a Ram man.
  • kman
  • 05-16-2017, 10:16 AM
As far as pick ups go I like my 1990 GMC sierra I am wierd but i prefer the long bed look myself but i like the 1980's to early 1990s body style bes now bug truck wise i prefer a 379 flattop pete
I've owned GM trucks since 1976. Dad owned them since early 60's. At one time I owned 4 but am now down to 2. One 4x4 Sierra as a driver and to pull the big trailers and one older model short wide 4x4 that is being redone to be a toy.
I've got Ford embroidered on my underwear!!!
2015 LTZ Z71 crew cab with 22" rins and a leveling kit here
Had them all wish I still drove the Dodge Ram.
Currently..1964 GMC long wheel base with fully chromed grille bumpers..wood bed kit..blue dot tail lights 305 v6..yes V6..with 2 speed power glide..baby moon hubcaps..big back glass

Other truck..chevy dually 454

Fun truck (husbands)-1986 short wide chevy...front and rear roll pans, custom burnt orange paint, black hood scoop, 50 series tires,phantom grille 350 bored 30 over with double hump heads (aluminum are in the budget)..double roller timing chain, 480 lift cam (helluva lope to it)..burnt orange (yes its stupid) colored roller rockers. 2.02 stainless steel valves..holley 4barrel..flat top pistons..350 turbo tranny with shift kit.. posi track rear end..
Edited to add: it does run off pump gas..high octane..but occasionally tries to ping so if we plan on hot roddin we put race fuel in it from the airport

But nothin fancy
  • cboat
  • 05-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Love mine. 4X4 crew cab, hemi, max tow pkg. Does all I could expect from a 1500 truck.
Come on...y'all get with it here. Ford is the #1 selling truck for what...30+ years??? It's no accident that happened. Take a step up & go get yourselves an aluminum body Ford I own 2 Ford trucks and would not consider another Chevy.

Y'all know Ol' Doc won't steer you wrong.