Do you give blood?

Do you give blood?
If you do, do you deny ever seeing providers?

I figure as long as I play safe, I can answer "no" since I'm less risk than the typical "player". I think if I was honest, they'd discard my perfectly good blood.

What do y'all think?
I was close to the 10 gallon club and quit donating when I started hobbying 5 years ago. I didn't feel comfortable answering that question knowing that I was hobbying.
I try to give urine, but they won't take it!
I need to donate again they told me I have angel blood and I am a universal donor.
I get tested about a month before I go in and about a month after my last session (so two months minimum). I lie. I sometimes lie about places I've been if I know they're low risk, or I've been tested for the risks after I get home.

I'm (still) CMV negative. They are in love with me. Because of an event before I was hobbying I was deferred for a year. But that had to do with a single injection of a medication I was given.
I get tested about a month before I go in and about a month after my last session (so two months minimum). I lie. I sometimes lie about places I've been if I know they're low risk, or I've been tested for the risks after I get home.

I'm (still) CMV negative. They are in love with me. Because of an event before I was hobbying I was deferred for a year. But that had to do with a single injection of a medication I was given. Originally Posted by austin_voy
I get tested every two months and especially right before giving blood.
I was close to the 10 gallon club and quit donating when I started hobbying 5 years ago. I didn't feel comfortable answering that question knowing that I was hobbying. Originally Posted by MoonLightKnight
Good man. I agree with every word you wrote.

OP, pls don't fib on this one. It isn't a little "white lie". The safety and integrity of our nation's blood supply isn't worth it. There are other donors who don't have the same risk factors, and it isn't fair of you to not follow the screening protocol.

It is too important a subject for me not to comment on. Sorry to sound like a soapbox, but what can I say? Don't fib. Just don't donate if you can't answer yes. Or, else, utilize the "DO NOT USE" sticker after you donate. The technician won't know. *(wink)*

peace and love,
Ck
I am on the fence about this......

If you see random BP girls who dont seem really clean or the are SW then I would definetly say of course dont even think about walking into a blood bank but if you see girls that are for a fact clean then why not give blood.

What is the difference from hobbying and just being a male whore who picks up random girls?

Taking girls home from a bar is more dangerous as far as health is concerned then a provider.

So maybe people shouldnt give blood at all.

Get tested if you are good to go then I would say donate away!!!!
I hate needles and even giving blood to my doctor. So that would be a big NO for me.
I give blood because I have to. I have the rarest blood type so if I ever need blood, I have to save my own life basically.
ACTUALLY everyone should donate to their own account. That way you won't have to pay for it if/when you need blood. Just makes good economic sense. Could save $1000's .
Not trying steal the tread here but I want to ask. How often do people get tested versus how often they hobby? How long does it take for anything to show up on a blood test?

If there is a forum for this I am sorry I did not know.