Just want to wine a bit...

One of the chief contributors towards headches stemming from Champagne drinking is sugar. The cheaper champagnes (Moet, Lanson black label etc) are LOADED with residual sugar. The more expensive ones are not but as a result people tend to complain they are too dry. If you are used to heavily sugared drinks you will not be affected in the way that someone who tends to avoid them will (talking about the cheaper stuff here obviously).

C

Tanqueray/ tonic = decent hangover, at least for me. Originally Posted by Judge Smails
My drink of choice!
Though I can't say my hangover in Atlanta was decent. Deserved perhaps but not decent.
My drink of choice!
Though I can't say my hangover in Atlanta was decent. Deserved perhaps but not decent. Originally Posted by Camille
Don't sell yourself short. You were quite the trooper. I felt so bad for you and ATL.

Dehydration adds to the hangover too.
Roederer makes very nice champagne. Their lower end stuff retails for about $19.95, the higher end about $39. Their rosé champagne goes for about $25 and WS gave it a 92. It is a lovely champagne to share in the company of a lovely lady. Are their any in the viewing audience who'd like to join me for a bottle?

For the OP, Nicole P. there are many French wines in the $15 to $30 range that are delightful. If you have a nice relationship with a good wine/liquor store, they can be very helpful. I imagine if you look anything like your avatar, they'd be falling overthemselves to help you (I know I would).
Of course I look like my avatar. It's me!!!!
  • WTF
  • 01-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Have you tried a red blend from the Fess Parker winery . Originally Posted by Bank Walker
http://www.fessparker.com/html/inn2.html

Now that is news you can use!
I imagine if you look anything like your avatar, they'd be falling overthemselves to help you (I know I would). Originally Posted by SR Only
Of course I look like my avatar. It's me!!!! Originally Posted by Nicole Preston
If she shows up dressed like the rest of that picture (see showcase), she will get GREAT service.
Yes, I clicked on her showcase after her reply. I'm booking a flight now with a case of lovely French offerings under my arm. j/k sort of
OK, I'm a wine ignoramus, but I know what I like.

For years it was white zinfandel, first Sutter Home, then Beringer. But got tired of that.

Now I generally like all whites. My favorite label is Woodbridge which is part of the Robert Mondavi lines. I particularly like their Savignon Blanc.
I particularly like their Savignon Blanc. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I don't know much about wine either. I really like this wine a lot. The last time I purchased a bottle it was 18.00
http://www.kimcrawfordwines.co.nz/ou...nal-blends.php

first Sutter Home, then Beringer. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Anytime I see a screw on cap on a bottle of wine....such as many Sutter Home wines, the first thing that comes to mind is "Cheap". My opinion only.

I am no expert by any means, but one of the most relaxing trips and education on wines was three days in Napa Valley of California, in those three days we hit 12 wineries, and as an ignoramus of the product, I got a nice little education.
I am no expect by any means, but one of the most relaxing trips and education on wines was three days in Napa Valley of California, in those three days we hit 12 wineries, and as an ignoramus of the product, I got a nice little education. Originally Posted by Woody of TX
Wish I had the time....you lucky dog.
Anytime I see a screw on cap on a bottle of wine....such as many Sutter Home wines, the first thing that comes to mind is "Cheap". My opinion only.

I am no expect by any means, but one of the most relaxing trips and education on wines was three days in Napa Valley of California, in those three days we hit 12 wineries, and as an ignoramus of the product, I got a nice little education. Originally Posted by Woody of TX
My last visit to Napa (2 years ago), I learned that some wineries are considering switching to a screw cap. Apparently, it's better for the wine and gives it a longer shelf life ( you don't have to worry about air, or something like that). The only thing stopping them is the fact that people associate it with "cheap", who doesn't? One of my favs that is now using this method is called " Skrew kappa napa", LOL...it's good.
If good beer has screw tops, why not good wine.
Yes, screw tops protect the wine much better than natural corks do. The artificial corks are better than natural as well, but I understand they cost more per bottle than the screw tops.

One of favorite whites is a Ferrari-Carano Fume Blanc. Outstanding!

SASpurfan