Question about spyhunter

I am using spyhunter for popups, and it seems to clear out any trouble,however right after it does a update I have to run it as there are always popups. Is this one of those programs that creates it's own problems?
  • YoHou
  • 05-20-2015, 04:03 PM
I am using spyhunter for popups, and it seems to clear out any trouble,however right after it does a update I have to run it as there are always popups. Is this one of those programs that creates it's own problems? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
I wouldn't recommend it.

Look at my signature for adblock plus links and use it. if you think you have malware then I can guide you with that.
I am using Chrome.
There's better software available.
Seriously.

But as a speculative answer, the updates are clearing out the historical block list. Thus, until the list is recreated, you will see things again, until added back to the list.
But, if it's the exact same ads, YoHou's hint about malware could be valid.
  • YoHou
  • 05-21-2015, 11:37 PM
I am using Chrome. Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Install the addon for chrome in my signature. If the popups persists then you might have malware (check other addons/extensions and remove any toolbars or search ones).

You can also use malwarebytes anti-malware to scan.

If you want to go the advanced router then use AdwCleaner. This is a little more advance because it requires you to make choices on what to remove from registries and what not. This once cleaned my browser extensions, but I had a back up so I restored what I needed.
what about macbook the popups are making me crazy. I'm about to go dig out a water gun and shoot myself.
  • YoHou
  • 05-22-2015, 12:41 PM
what about macbook the popups are making me crazy. I'm about to go dig out a water gun and shoot myself. Originally Posted by Madison May
Not a big fan of apple, but are you using the adblock plus for chrome? lol

I hate those stupid popups eccie has and I found a way to block them, but I'm not sharing for couple reasons. They'll get fixed and I'd have to reblock them another way and I could get banned for taking their greed money.
If you're an advanced user look into uMatrix plugin for Chrome. You can see every frame and external URL a webpage is trying to load and it blocks many of them automatically while allowing fine control over what gets loaded and what doesn't. It also wipes cache, cookies, and history after every session as well as spoofs browser information to help foil browser fingerprinting.

Oh and it also prevents Big Brother Google from tracking your browsing history.

It takes a bit of fiddling to get each website to block the nonsense while still functioning properly but you only have to do it once, and can disable it temporarily at any time.

It's similar to NoScript for Firefox but much more robust. Like I said though, it's for a more advanced user.
uMatrix: I agree with the hippo
A very advanced user skillset is needed.
It is a firewall that is customized to your wishes.
Perhaps better than HTTP Switchboard
But, probably overkill for most folks on this board.