Your Second Favorite Hobby

Researching my first favorite hobby, but seriously Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and just recently discovered weight lifting. Originally Posted by Coffeebrain
A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu weightlifter tanked up on coffee. What could be more dangerous!
Racing
A buddy of mine from highschool was named Kyle. In highschool I used to brew potato 'wine' for him. I thought it was disgusting. But I was able to get it up to 12% alcohol, and that was all that Kyle really wanted, so he was happy to get it.

Once I enlisted, I did not see Kyle again for many years. After I retired, he and I reconnected on Facebook. He had gotten into 'slam poetry' competitions in Chico California, and he wrote a play that he tried to get produced. I watched videos of his poetry, and I thought it was horrible. I read the play and again I was not impressed, but he did sign on a couple strippers to perform his play. So I thought it might be interesting as sexploitation. But it never got off the ground, it fizzled before opening night.

I quit paying much attention to Kyle's posts for a couple years. Until I saw one day where he had went into hospice care for cancer. His theater friends were filming a podcast every night. So I contacted one of his friends and I shipped them a quart of whiskey. I skyped him during his last podcast, and his group of theater friends were all sipping my whiskey.

I felt really good to be able to reconnect with Kyle like that. Obviously it is sad that he died, but since our friendship started with me giving him booze, I thought it was proper that our friendship should end with me giving him booze.
My hobbies vary by the season. I like gardening and fishing when the weather is nice. During fall I start wine making and when the weather sucks in winter, I bake up a storm.
A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu weightlifter tanked up on coffee. What could be more dangerous! Originally Posted by FLWriter
Shit when you put it that way I sound like a bad ass hahaha. Guess I should keep these hobbies to my self so I don’t scare the ladies
My hobby is the opposite of bad ass. I’m one of those weird dudes that loves hitting a little white ball around a field. Golf has taken me to some of the most beautiful places in the US and Caribbean(I hate flying so nothing overseas).
I used to be pretty athletic but my knees have worn out so golf is my competitive outlet now. And it keeps me in touch with my buddies.
#1 is golf #2 playing with the beautiful ladies on Eccie #3 riding my Harley
I see quite a few involve wine, fishing and golfing

I’ve been thinking about getting into wine more

I only like a couple whites and that about it lol

Believe it or not I’ve went fishing before-as exciting as it was I prefer to never go again; I’ll leave that to the men lol

I’ve been dying to play golf (top golf has been a thing for me lately)

I’ve been suppose to go play golf for years now and it hasn’t happened quite yet
Spelunking Philately.
I'm afraid of the dark Joey lol
A Brazilian Jiu Jitsu weightlifter tanked up on coffee. What could be more dangerous! Originally Posted by FLWriter
More dangerous? Me working in a Blahnik showroom!
I work all the time. It's like the older I get, the more I have to work.

The only other activities I do are driving to work and sleeping when not at work.
But I never seem to have any money in the bank. I'm always broke.

So other than this hobby, I have nothing else going on.
I see quite a few involve wine, fishing and golfing

I’ve been thinking about getting into wine more

I only like a couple whites and that about it lol

Believe it or not I’ve went fishing before-as exciting as it was I prefer to never go again; I’ll leave that to the men lol

I’ve been dying to play golf (top golf has been a thing for me lately)

I’ve been suppose to go play golf for years now and it hasn’t happened quite yet Originally Posted by Karrine_Kream
Wine is easy to do, but you must learn the language. A couple of things to reference, Wine tasting for Dummies, and a subscription to Wine Enthusiastic Magazine. These twoare the cheapest and easiest way to learn about wine.
Thanks for those tips
I can't pick just one:

Writing - but I also do that for $, so
Music - I play the guitar, bass, cello, piano
Live music - I love going to see live music
Horses - Don't own one anymore, but I still like to ride when I get the chance
The beach - who doesn't like the beach?
Gardening - where I find my moments of zen.
Hiking - I like finding secluded spots in the back country that few others may have seen/explored/recognized before