Chinese tech espionage

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...usinessweek-v2

apple & amazon and a few others were hacked by hardware using Super-micro motherboard servers.

given that China can't be trusted obviously.

I think its time we killed MFN for China if Trump hasn't already. We should also prohibit any tech transfers and manufacturing to China by the tech powerhouses. they won't like it.

reason? they are still a communist country and getting more belligerent.

that and I do not want to see US technology being used to develop their panopticon society.
That is an issue Trump is bringing up on trade.

I hope the Chinese quit stealing the intellectual property of US corporations.
There watching us all,,,,,
communist Han chinese believe that china is the center of the earth.

that is why they want to control everything from Hollywood to computers.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-u-s-telecom

the latest on the chinese spy hardware hacking.

that is why they want to control everything from Hollywood to computers. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
That is most unfortunate.

that is why they want to control everything from Hollywood to computers. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

But to me what's worse, is so many US Companies, EVEN KNOWING China hacks, steals IP and the rest, STILL are willing to go over there, and do business with them!?!

Foolish if you asked me.
This is very old news. Chinese and every other national, for example Russians, have already hacked the U.S. tenfold over.
using hardware hacks?
using hardware hacks? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Yeah the U.S. has hacks.
But to me what's worse, is so many US Companies, EVEN KNOWING China hacks, steals IP and the rest, STILL are willing to go over there, and do business with them!?!

Foolish if you asked me. Originally Posted by garhkal
The communists in China have a saying about the capitalist who will sell you the rope that you use to hang him.
Yeah the U.S. has hacks. Originally Posted by cumsomemore

using the manufacturing process? no.

what chinese spies did was unique. they inserted the chips during the production process.

that is a very complicated thing to disguise the chip as a buffer chip on the motherboard.

this is thousands of mobos with bad chips. think about that!

this is extreme hacking!

other spy agencies generally intercept a package and insert the hardware in the keyboard or computer or some other electronic equipment that was purchased from some company.