Kim Potter trial...any predictions? No LL, not after the verdict.

• WTF
  • 12-18-2021, 04:25 AM
https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...-at-her-trial/

The suburban Minnapolis police officer who shot and killed Daunte Wright testified at her manslaughter trial Friday that she wouldn’t have pulled over his car if she hadn’t been training another officer and that she hadn’t planned to use deadly force that day.

Under questioning by a prosecutor, Kim Potter sobbed during her sometimes emotional testimony, saying at times “I didn’t want to hurt anybody,” and later, “I’m sorry it happened.”
My guess is that a lower charge will come down. Whatever is the least the jury can give her in the way of a "guilty" verdict.

Anyone guessing on the possibility of a riot?
  • WTF
  • 12-18-2021, 04:58 AM
I agree..I think she may even be acquitted.

No riots.

Riots are so yesterday.
Anyone want to bet AGAINST a riot?
Evidently she did not know the difference between her left and right or the difference between something weighing 14 oz and nearly 2 lbs. so she mistook her Glock for her taser. Happens every day I’m sure. Plus she cried on the stand. Doesn’t that make her innocent.
Another example of folks should just obey Law Enforcement.
I hope she goes free
  • WTF
  • 12-18-2021, 07:37 AM
Evidently she did not know the difference between her left and right or the difference between something weighing 14 oz and nearly 2 lbs. so she mistook her Glock for her taser. Happens every day I’m sure. Plus she cried on the stand. Doesn’t that make her innocent. Originally Posted by NoirMan
There is no doubt she shot and killed the unlucky fellow. She obviously did not do it on purpose.

To suggest otherwise seems oblivious to the facts.

She did not mean to use deadly force...she meant to taser him. That is not deadly force.

She should be convicted for acting like a baby on the witness stand!
I didn’t say she did it on purpose. The opposite in fact. Nonetheless it’s a mistake that is near impossible to make. Left v Right. More than a pound difference. Totally different feel in one’s hand. Mistake yes. Unpunishable? Nope. People go to jail for running over folks when they are drunk, they also go to jail for accidental shootings, not like they intend to go out and kill anyone either. Negligent homicide results in jail time for plenty of people, and they all claim it was a mistake and they didn’t mean to hurt someone.

She is likely to get off simply because of the fact she was a police officer acting in her capacity as a police officer.
Another example of folks should just obey Law Enforcement.
I hope she goes free Originally Posted by winn dixie
No law against being stupid.

And this is one stupid cop. Her courtroom meltdowns mirror the one she had right after she “tasered” that actor.

Who’s at fault? If you fellas want to give her a pass, then why not hold the PD responsible for putting deadly force in the hands of an emotional toddler?

She won’t go free. It wasn’t murder. But it wasn’t unintentional either.
I didn’t say she did it on purpose. The opposite in fact. Nonetheless it’s a mistake that is near impossible to make. Left v Right. More than a pound difference. Totally different feel in one’s hand. Mistake yes. Unpunishable? Nope. She is likely to get off simply because of the fact she was a police officer acting in her capacity as a police officer. Originally Posted by NoirMan
Actually im surprised this doesnt happen more often!
She should be back to work asap!
Originally Posted by LexusLover
Nice. You weren’t supposed to weigh in until after the verdict, LLman.

Glad you offered your expert legal opinion now.

Also why didn’t you show the cover of the swimsuit edition? (Never mind… we ALL know why)
... Too right! ... WHY piss this up with yet-another
Sports illustrated reference, Lexus?
I do understand that YOU were named in the title.

Everyone is trying to give their honest opinion on
the issue and what-not. ... No need to bugger it up.

... Lads, we mostly have the same general feeling
about what happened there. ... But WHAT punishment - if any
should she face?

#### Salty
double post.
Evidently she did not know the difference between her left and right or the difference between something weighing 14 oz and nearly 2 lbs. so she mistook her Glock for her taser. Happens every day I’m sure. Plus she cried on the stand. Doesn’t that make her innocent. Originally Posted by NoirMan

I kept asking myself "this is a street cop"? Come on man. Granted, I'm making a judgement based on nothing more than what I witnessed when she took the stand but then it all adds up ( to me at least ) how she could have been so flustered and incompetent enough not to know the difference between left and right and the weight of the weapons. She had no business being on the street other than to fill an equity quota.

That said, it is clear there was no "intent" to shoot to kill so IMHO, that takes the more serious charges and leaves involuntary manslaughter. Intent or not, she killed a man due to negligence on her part and she should pay a price for that.

What I found interesting was the idea from her defense that even though she didn't mean to shoot him with her gun, she was justified in doing so because she was in fear of bodily harm to one or more officers who were half in and half out of the car trying to stop the perp from driving away. If he had managed to hit the gas and take off, he would have at the least dragged the cop if not run over him therefore giving her the right to fire in his defense.

I think she gets prison time though I don't have a guess as to how much. Even with no intent, she can't just say oops, I killed him with no consequences or can she?