Hijacking

Per the mods, don't reply to this post unless you want some RMT points.

Promoters, feel free to ignore the first sentence and tell us all about the new girls we should be spending our money on
Per the mods, don't reply to this post unless you want some RMT points.

Promoters, feel free to ignore the first sentence and tell us all about the new girls we should be spending our money on Originally Posted by HenrySwanson
Your Thread is about Hijacking. It is a worthwhile subject, as it can be very subjective. In a discussion forum, we should have the freedom to ask some questions that are related the the subject, and to answer anyone's question. If one person is asking a question, then there are probably lots of other mongers that have that same question. It is ineffectual to say that one should only PM the answer that could actually be of value to other readers.

It's not a hijack to talk about oranges, and someone else mentions apples. It IS a hijack when someone starts talking about the dead possum on the side of the road.

Side note on hijacking....I haven't seen your "Go Team Boycott" car wrap around town. I hope your car wasn't hijacked. LOL
I don't know how to Delete a Double post, which occurred due to slow system response.
I'm here to hijack the hijacking thread. I think this is within the scope of the thread since it's a thread about hijacking.
But what if the dead possum has an orange in his mouth?
Lolol
When it comes to reviews all discussion should be about the review, if someone goes off topic and others choose to follow then they too are off the original topic. As I warned in a previous post even a simple remark such as "good review" could get you pointed.
This was due to complaints from members that the forum was becoming useless for information and that people considered promoters were continually bumping reviews.

Now if you go off topic of the original review those very same people are going to RTM your post as well.

If the possum has an orange in its mouth replace it with an apple and bake at 350 for about 2 hours, Don't waste the orange use it to marinate the possum.
^^^my thanksgiving dinner menu dilemma has been resolved!^^^
When it comes to reviews all discussion should be about the review, if someone goes off topic and others choose to follow then they too are off the original topic. As I warned in a previous post even a simple remark such as "good review" could get you pointed.
This was due to complaints from members that the forum was becoming useless for information and that people considered promoters were continually bumping reviews.

Now if you go off topic of the original review those very same people are going to RTM your post as well.

If the possum has an orange in its mouth replace it with an apple and bake at 350 for about 2 hours, Don't waste the orange use it to marinate the possum. Originally Posted by Namssa
In the Nana thread that was directly above this one at the time, there are two people who commented “Nana best” back to back and the dude with the banana photo has been doing this since yesterday to multiple threads.
We almost never know when posts have been RTM’d and points issued unless or until the transgressor announces it or we see them banned.
With how many of those two-three word bumps there are, if points are being handed out, I figure we will quickly see more banned users. I guess its time to return the favor some of the guys are getting and report those useless bumps

If the possum has an orange in its mouth replace it with an apple and bake at 350 for about 2 hours, Don't waste the orange use it to marinate the possum. Originally Posted by Namssa
Excellent insight right here. Very much appreciated!! I do remember your post from a while back, so thank you for clarifying again because I feel like the audience in this thread is much more relevant / applicable this time around.

One potential issue is that I have actually RTMed some of those "nice review", "Abby is nice", and other posts that add nothing to the discussion, and I received a PM from one of the mods several months ago (he was not a Dallas mod...I think he was a regional mod) that said something to the extent of - Off topic is hijacking. Review bumps are something else. General discussion about the gal, the agency, etc is NOT hijacking.

I am paraphrasing there. So my RTM's were ultimately not effective because non-Dallas mods were seeing my RTM's and concluded that those posts were not hijacks. There probably is no way around this. I know you mentioned saying "good review" might get you pointed, but I guess another mod doesn't think there's anything wrong with that. What I don't understand is that these guys are CLEARLY bumping threads with worthless posts (they bump 3 threads at a time, and they do it consecutively within a few minutes of each other).......if their intent is obvious, shouldn't that be taken into account when giving points? Just look at some of these threads - there are 2 month old reviews still being bumped with absolute worthless information. It's obvious what their intent is, and I do think intent matters.
I’d suggest in your RTM provide as much evidence as you can (e.g., “he has bumped this thread 3 times with gratuitous comments” and provide a link to this thread as rationale for why you reported it. That way if a “fill-in” sees it they have a bit of context they might not otherwise have.
Can someone post some good intel regarding the available beauties in the area and stop with this garbage. I have a suggestion, Why don't you guys meet somewhere for lunch, and talk about this shit until the cows come home. Actual interaction with a real person may do you some good.
What is an RTM