Justice Department admits IRS wrongdoing, agrees to $3.5 million settlement with tea party groups

Koskinen and Lerner are out of the IRS, but nobody went to jail. However, ...

Justice Department admits IRS wrongdoing, agrees to $3.5 million settlement with tea party groups

The Trump administration agreed Thursday to pay $3.5 million to tea party groups snared by IRS targeting during the Odumbo administration, saying the intrusive scrutiny was illegal and cannot be allowed to happen again.

The government also reversed its tune on former IRS senior executive Lois G. Lerner. Instead of being a hero who tried to stop the targeting — as the Obama administration concluded in 2015 — the Justice Department and IRS now say she failed to stop her employees and hid the bad behavior from her bosses for two years.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who announced the settlements, offered an apology to more than 450 groups that were part of two lawsuits against the IRS.

As part of the agreements, the government admitted that the IRS forced tea party groups into illegal delays and unconscionable scrutiny, including questions about their political beliefs, plans to run for office and names of financial backers.

“There is no excuse for this conduct,” Mr. Sessions said in a statement announcing the settlements. “Hundreds of organizations were affected by these actions, and they deserve an apology from the IRS.”

(Washington Times)
This is all well and good EXCEPT..........That snide, condescending bitch Lois Lerner is not in Federal Prison.
and john k. is leaving next month as his term as IRS director expires. he should have been canned on day 1. I don't know why he wasn't.
When will Twitler come clean with the IRS and the American people?
actually small solice when the perps weren't prosecuted

from the irs personnel to the doj to, is it possible...the white house?
Koskinen and Lerner are out of the IRS, but nobody went to jail. However, ... Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Let's hope Trump has the balls to CHANGE that.
When will Twitler come clean with the IRS and the American people? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

If there was something wrong with Trumps taxes I have little doubt that Obummers corrupt, weaponized IRS would have leaked it already. The Obummer administration has clearly shown that breaking the law is no barrier for them, as clearly shown by all the scandals past and present.
If there was something wrong with Trumps taxes I have little doubt that Obummers corrupt, weaponized IRS would have leaked it already. The Obummer administration has clearly shown that breaking the law is no barrier for them, as clearly shown by all the scandals past and present. Originally Posted by goodolboy
had there been any problems with trumps tax returns, the obama IRS would have taken him to court last year.