BOB WOODWARD: A 'Very Senior' White House Person Warned Me I'd 'Regret' What I'm Doing

What the hell kind of country are we living in? Journalists get threatened by the President for reporting the truth? In America? This is OUTRAGEOUS!

Do you people realize who the hell you voted for? This man wants to be a tyrant! He wants total control! He must be impeached and removed from office.

From the article:

Bob Woodward said this evening on CNN that a "very senior person" at the White House warned him in an email that he would "regret doing this," the same day he has continued to slam President Barack Obama over the looming forced cuts known as the sequester.

CNN host Wolf Blitzer said that the network invited a White House official to debate Woodward on-air, but the White House declined.

"I think they're confused," Woodward said of the White House's pushback on his reporting.

Earlier today on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," Woodward ripped into Obama in what has become an ongoing feud between the veteran Washington Post journalist and the White House. Woodward said Obama was showing a "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time" for a decision not to deploy an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf because of budget concerns.

The Defense Department said in early February that it would not deploy the U.S.S. Harry Truman to the Persian Gulf, citing budget concerns relating to the looming cuts known as the sequester.

"Can you imagine Ronald Reagan sitting there and saying, 'Oh, by the way, I can't do this because of some budget document?'" Woodward said on MSNBC.
"Or George W. Bush saying, 'You know, I'm not going to invade Iraq because I can't get the aircraft carriers I need?'" Or even Bill Clinton saying, 'You know, I'm not going to attack Saddam Hussein's intelligence headquarters,' ... because of some budget document?"

Woodward began stirring controversy last weekend, when he called out Obama for what he said was "moving the goal posts" on the sequester by requesting that revenue be part of a deal to avert it.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/bob-w...#ixzz2M9WlBENL
What the hell kind of country are we living in? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
That settles it, StupidOldLyingFart is on his way to Beautiful Downtown Damascus. Note to SOLF: Please have Syrian Airlines get in touch with me for confidential payment instructions!
TR, in his day, certainly approached things as Woodward imagines other presidents would have.

Great White Fleet - Around the World:

Sailing under command of Rear Admiral Robley Evans, the Great White Fleet consisted of the battleships USS Kearsarge, USS Kentucky, USS Illinois, USS Alabama, USS Maine, USS Missouri, USS Ohio, USS Virginia, USS Georgia, USS New Jersey, USS Rhode Island, USS Connecticut, USS Louisiana, USS Vermont, USS Kansas, and USS Minnesota. These were supported by a Torpedo Flotilla of seven destroyers and five fleet auxiliaries. Departing on December 16, 1907, the fleet steamed past the presidential yacht Mayflower as they left Hampton Roads.

Flying his flag from Connecticut, Evans announced that the fleet would be returning home via the Pacific and circumnavigating the globe. While it is unclear whether this information was leaked from the fleet or became public after the ships' arrival on the West Coast, it was not met with universal approval. While some were concerned that the nation's Atlantic naval defenses would be weakened by the fleet's prolonged absence, others were concerned about the cost. Senator Eugene Hale, the chairman of the Senate Naval Appropriation Committee, threatened to cut the fleet's funding.

Responding in typical fashion, Roosevelt replied that he already had the money and dared Congressional leaders to "try and get it back." While the leaders wrangled in Washington, Evans and his fleet continued with their voyage.
http://militaryhistory.about.com/od/...whitefleet.htm
I'm still trying to figure out how a 1 to 2 percent reduction on the overall increase in Government Spending is going to shut down all of these programs.

Where are all of the other "trillions" going?
I'm still trying to figure out how a 1 to 2 percent reduction on the overall increase in Government Spending is going to shut down all of these programs.

Where are all of the other "trillions" going? Originally Posted by Jackie S

Wells Fargo, Citibank, GM, Chrysler, Goldman Sachs...

The Big question.

as Deep Throat said some 40 years ago "follow the money"

Wells Fargo, Citibank, GM, Chrysler, Goldman Sachs...
Originally Posted by ExNYer
Yep! They get theirs whether the little guy does or doesn't eat.
The point of this thread is that the President is making overt threats to a journalist to try to silence him, because the President doesn't like what he is reporting. We all know that BiSex is in favor of shutting down the freedom of the press. What about the rest of you?
We all know that BiSex is in favor of shutting down the freedom of the press. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
Link?????

If you asked if I was in favor of "shutting down" StupidOldLyingFart's, my response might be different.

For the record, I am in favor of the "freedom of the press" as long as I am not forced to watch FAUX News!

As for Bob Woodward, I have always thought he was an excellent reporter! I don't always agree with him, but..............

Well, you get my drift!
Here ya go, BiSex:

Here ya go, BiSex:

Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

StupidOldLyingFart, just doing what he does best!

So, BiSex, you think it is ok for the President to threaten a journalist who doesn't follow the party line, is that correct?
The Pride of Salina is once again eating massive handfuls of his own ass.

Is that a valid link, Whiny?

DEPENDS!

So, BiSex, you think it is ok for the President to threaten a journalist who doesn't follow the party line, is that correct? Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

Uhhhh, I never said that. In fact, my only comments on the matter were as follows:

As for Bob Woodward, I have always thought he was an excellent reporter! I don't always agree with him, but..............

Well, you get my drift! Originally Posted by bigtex
Are you in the process of painting yourself into another corner?

StupidOldLyingFart seems to be having a really, really bad day!