School Shopping

Is it just me or has the price of school supplies/clothes increased dramatically??

Just got back from this glorious event and I dropped $800....for 1 kid!

That seriously cuts into my hobby budget!
Yeah that rate for a school girl outfit can be way more than just GFE
Will be lucky to get away with only $500 just for books for my daughter this semester...
This may be a bit late, but there is a big sale at the Waterloo Outlet mall this weekend. If you go to their website you can sign up for VIP for free and download coupons for many of the stores. You can also get a coupon for another coupon book that you can pick up in the food court.
http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=9
HI Major- Please PM me as I'd love to get the pix from last Friday night's party in Buffalo
and I think that you know what I'm talking about. Oh and by the way guys, I have 2 in
school costing me $70,000.00 this year, so we really don't worry about 5 yards for supplies.
At $70m/year for college, all you can say is "God Bless America". Thanks Major...Jake
I noticed as I got older, the cost of supplies alone in high school grew higher and higher. Lucky for me, I got away with spending about $100 this year buying "puppy supplies" for obedience school. lmfao! But seriously by the time I have a child in school it will be a good 1600$$ if this keeps up
being a parent of two college grads, one of them now is syracue law school, school supplies have always seemed like just one more dig into the pocket. about to graduate the law student this year. finally both girls will be off my payroll. possibilities abound
I've had the college expense also. Thankfully, my total was less than $70k....so far.

My original post was referring to my high schooler, just clothes and locker crap. Just seemed like a lot and it wasn't like my car was full from all of the bags!

IRP, thanks for the notice on the Waterloo outlet sale and coupons. Might have to check that out this weekend.
  • m2244
  • 09-04-2010, 01:43 PM
hmmmm.......I dont know where you guys are buying school supply's it doesn't even cost me 500 for my college for supply's and I have to get ALOT of things lol
Chaz- With Son 1 in a PHD program and Son 2 heading to Law school at 2 of the best schools in the USA, I'm looking at close to $700,000.00 for their education. The only saving grace is, that that's still alot less than their mother used to cost me. Hey Mary I think that you have a pretty good "student loan" contact. Hmmm now who would that be??? lol
How about the school pictures? Oh my God......I can't believe the money people spend on just getting ready for the school pictures (hair dresser, make up artist, clothes, etc.). Times have changed.
And I believe last I saw a school picture package, the prices were almost in the hundreds. Parents are better off taking them to a photographer at that point. Mary let me know how you got away with such cheap books/supplies. Every semester I dropped a good grand for books, supplies and so on. And that was out of pocket....no student loan. I surely don't miss those days.
I don't think I had the problem with school photo's, if I recall, it's was so long ago, no special preparations ever went into getting prepared for it. The cost was pretty cheap around $15.
  • m2244
  • 09-09-2010, 11:31 AM
hahah school pictures are way pricey now......and brooke I am the queen of bargain shopping lol.....books are hard because you cant really shop around for them....but i got all mine gently used my first year and it was pretty cheap