CEO of Backpage: arrested

The truth hurts. Same reason why Craigslist cleaned up their site. With Eccie you can do your homework to hookup with an independent provider who chooses to hobby. If only we could take a leaf out of The Netherlands and legalize the hobby..... sigh
Meh, it's election season. They're all gonna be trying to get their names in the paper and human-trafficking is the cause du jour. "Local cop busts hookers and johns" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "Local cop breaks up human-trafficking ring." Do yourselves a favor and stay away from the AMPs and Latin Agencies for a few weeks...
Human trafficking is a very serious thing so I don't feel any sympathy for child rapists.
The CEO is a child rapist or are you speculating? Backpage is still up and running ...
This is just an attempt to shut down backpage. I'm sure the feds are going to harrASS him until he can't take it and just shuts down the site, but I could be wrong
Let all remember #10 before olde Petey rolls in here....

#10 - Topics regarding children, and certain images depicting children are not material for an adult-themed board. You must be at least 18 years of age to register and participate here, and along those lines, our subject matter is to surround individuals of the proper age range. Any mention or reference to underage sex is strictly forbidden and may result in loss of your posting privileges.
Human trafficking is a very serious thing so I don't feel any sympathy for *edit*. Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
He simply ran a site that had a section that allows hookers to advertise. Doesn't mean he was actively involved in trafficking. But, according to bullshit interpretation of the law, they consider him a pimp for allowing ads and making revenue off of the site. Total bullshit, of course. But it's how they operate. I also agree, they use the trafficking thing as an excuse.

Honestly, what's the difference between that site allowing hooker ads and this one when you get down to it? Verification of providers? Like, LE gives a fuck about that.

Only a matter of time before ECCIE is shut down as well. These sites tend to have a shelf-life.
It's not the end of backpage. Changes will come that will help those who are "forced" to work as well as weed out minors.

They may goes as far as to require all ladies that post to take a picture of their face with their ID next to it to prove that they are over 18. Stuff like that will happen.

It doesn't bother me at all. If that's what I have to do to ensure that minors are not posting on there (by choice or force) that is fine with me.
Just a matter of time before you see the same happening to Eccie personnel. My money is still on this site going down for tax evasion and money laundering
Do yourselves a favor and stay away from the AMPs and Latin Agencies for a few weeks... Originally Posted by enderwiggin
Good advice.
Human trafficking is a very serious thing so I don't feel any sympathy for child rapists. Originally Posted by Jemma Martin
Human trafficking doesn't discriminate against age. Do you feel sympathy for the 50 year old trafficked grannies that have dominated the AMP scene in Houston?
If backpage is really behind evilempire.com and bigcity.com then they're in some deep shit